GENERAL PURPOSE: The Senior Director of Learning & Organization Development will lead the design and implementation of high-impact and sustainable learning, talent, and organizational development programs that span the employee lifecycle in support of Ross’ strategic goals and objectives. Reporting to the GVP of Talent Management, the ideal candidate will cultivate strong, collaborative relationships with HR and its clients, identify opportunities for enhancing organizational effectiveness, and provide systemic and straight forward approaches with measurable impact to addressing business needs.
Core skills andexperience:
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in converting organizational development and effectiveness theory into practical and scalable solutions across multiple levels of a large enterprise.
- Significant experience in leading teams and vendors in the program design and implementation of end to end talent management and team development solutions that include the evaluation, design, and delivery of manager development, leadership development, talent analytics, high impact learning programs, performance management, succession planning, and career development.
- Demonstrated abilities and results managing and building teams and collaborative partnerships.
- Strong consulting and analytical skills to provide insightful organizational development solutions to leadership & HR across the talent management lifecycle (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Knowledge of current learning technologies, assessment, and survey platforms required.
Other success factors for this candidateinclude:
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask and meet all deadlines and customer demands.
- Ability to match personal work style and approach to build trust and credibility with a range of clients.
- Executive presence, listening and influence ability with senior leadership.
- Ability to network and build a range of stakeholder relationships.
- Commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Experience in large group meeting design, portfolio management, and negotiation
- Leadership: Own and execute the management of Learning and Organization Development team including oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Effectively motivate, coach, and grow direct reports.
- Lead the team through the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research, business case development, reporting/analytics and evaluation approaches that result in leadership buy in to team proposals.
- Learning & Development: Work with key stakeholders to define and implement a cohesive approach to learning and talent systems, programs, and initiatives that utilize contemporary, blended learning methods and leverage technology and learning systems that are effective and compatible with Ross infrastructure and culture.
- Serves as liaison or champion between Corporate and the broader learning communities to establish common standards, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement a Performance Management Strategy for the Company that supports the overall talent management strategy, Ross goals, and future workforce needs.
- Leadership Development: Provide oversight of Ross’s leadership and management development initiatives, as well as Corporate & Stores foundational employee education programs, and other learning and education initiatives to build a pipeline of future leadership talent.
- Define, develop and deliver Leadership Development programs (high-potential, early career and executive programs) and coaching services. Partner with HRBP and business leaders to establish meaningful development plans for key/top talent.
- Talent Management: In partnership with HR leaders, provides the processes and tools for: talent reviews/talent assessment, succession management, performance management, career and individual development, leadership development, team development, and learning program development. Work in collaboration with Buying Office counterparts on design and deployment of solutions.
- Talent Assessment: Manage Company assessment processes. Ensure Corporate/DC/Stores competencies are well-defined, integrated and consistent throughout the employee life cycle, including recruitment and selection, orientation and onboarding, learning and career development, performance management, succession, and talent planning.
- Talent Analytics: Work in collaboration with HRIS to build talent analytics that guide the strategic investment decisions on people for Ross Stores. Create a framework that provides a clear view of talent supply (bench strength) and demand, inform talent decisions and assist in prioritizing future workforce and development investments
- HR Capability Building: - Build capability in leaders and broader HR team to deliver solutions that improve performance, acting as an internal consultant on organizational development and talent solutions. Lead the successful design and delivery of the HR capability building agenda.
- Vendor & Budget Management: Lead negotiations and contracting with learning and development vendors. Plan and manage annual and 5yearbudget for the function.
- Program Management and Support: Maintain and enhance a portfolio of existing and emerging programs, tools, and interventions through collaboration with clients and HR partners. Successfully prioritize, scope and deliver on numerous initiatives.
- Team Leadership
- Learning Agility
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Customer/User Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degreerequired. Master's or Doctoral Degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., MS/MA/MBA) in Organization Development, Learning, Leadership, Organization Psychology or other related fields preferred.
- 15years of experience (internal or consulting) in a similar role in a large, complex, company with specific knowledge and/or expertise in talent assessment and management, learning and development, and organization effectiveness.
- Working experience in the retail industry or similar fast-paced environment and knowledge of contemporary learning tools and technology.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Ability to think strategically, and demonstrated track record of developing and implementing an end-to-end talent strategy aligned to the advancement of the business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong relationships with leaders at all levels and HR leaders and partners across a matrixed organization
- Exceptional verbal, written, executive presentation and communication skills.
- A great listener with detail orientation and a desire to collaborate on the best culturally appropriate solutions is a must.
- Strategic and innovative thinking coupled with pragmatic, results oriented execution
- Ability to manage all phases of a solution/project lifecycle, from initial solution design and planning, to execution and measurement
- Vendor relationship management
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Director Learning and Organization Development 2 Senior Managers, Learning and Organization Development 2 Learning & Development Managers