The Sage Group is seeking a Sr. Director of Global Marketing for our client, a groundbreaking fintech company with a state of the art platform that empowers any business to provide financial services to its customers. By providing an advanced single-integration software service, they streamline and automate the delivery of financial products like banking, mobile payments, card issuance, payment processing and cross-border currency exchange, enabling clients to strengthen customer relationships, increase revenue and maximize profits.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a well-funded company that is at the forefront of the latest generation of emerging financial technology companies who are redefining the way the world stores, uses and moves money.
As the first senior marketing hire, you will work side by side with our CEO, Product, Engineering and Sales leaders to define and execute the go-to-market strategy. At your core, you are a strategic and analytical b2b marketer who can balance the near- and long-term needs of a fast-growing startup:
- You will have a deep understanding of our target customers, their needs and pain points.
- You will own the positioning of products and solutions, develop strategies to bring new features and products effectively to market, and manage cross-functional launch plans.
- You will understand market trends and competitors and partner with leadership to improve our positioning and differentiation.
- You will build a “zero to one” inbound marketing engine that feeds a growing sales organization with qualified leads.
- Importantly, you’ll build a marketing organization from the ground-up and be an absolutely core part of the company’s leadership team.
This is a senior level marketing role that requires deep collaboration and leadership across functions, an analytical and results-driven mindset, and a strong interest in helping our customers learn about, embrace and flourish with a suite of new financial offerings. This role reports directly to our CEO and Founder.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Market Landscape. Understand market trends and competitors and develop marketing strategies to increase our market presence and penetration.
- Segmentation. Identify and segment target customers, their pain points and needs through both primary and secondary research.
- Positioning. Develop clear product positioning, value propositions, and key messages for products with input from Product and Sales, competitive analysis and participation in ongoing client meetings. Constantly test and iterate on our positioning and key messages.
- Demand Generation: Build a scalable inbound demand gen engine that drives at minimum 50% of total sales pipeline in the next two years, finding quick wins in the first year that accelerate early growth of the business.
- Sales Pitch Decks. Own and regularly update Sales pitch decks, using competitive insights and inputs on selling points and objection handling, from Sales and Account Management.
- Content Development. Manage production of marketing assets to support awareness, acquisition and retention and consistently communicate our value proposition.
- Product Launches. Develop go-to-market strategies for product launches and secure cross-department agreement. Lead cross-functional meetings to drive alignment, identify dependencies, and resolve roadblocks. Drive development of messaging across all external communications to customers and prospects - PR, Analysts, website, social, etc.
- Pricing & Promotions. Design & implement optimal pricing and promotions strategy to drive trial and retention. Including bundling opportunities in categories where we have multiple products.
- Budget. Manage the overall marketing budget and track actual spend against planned spend.
- Team Development. Hire and manage other marketers and consultants, as needed, including content developers, demand generation managers, PR agencies, etc.
A successful Senior Director of Global Marketing will have the following:
- B2B marketing experience, preferably with experience in Enterprise software.
- Highly strategic and analytical. Consulting background is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Fintech experience a plus.
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an early-stage, fast-paced, high-growth company with big aspirations.
- Years of experience needed: At least 7 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years in b2b marketing.