The Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) leads the Financial Planning & Performance Support teams and is responsible directing the company's enterprise-wide financial planning processes; developing the company's planning and reporting capabilities and tools; providing oversight and support of the company's forecasting and budgeting processes and providing ad hoc financial analysis to support the business. Work with the CFO, Treasurer & Investor Relations as well as other senior executives to develop and manage key processes and timelines with respect to preparing the company's annual operating and capital expense plan, as well as periodic forecasts. Develop primary tools, models, presentations, etc. to be used by companywide officers to develop their plans. Work with Finance team to develop long-term financial projections to provide to executive management, board of directors, banks, credit rating agencies and other stakeholders. The Senior Director of Financial Planning will develop and manage an analytical team to provide detailed plans and analysis to support all levels and departments of the company in making decisions to meet At Home’s financial goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the annual plan and monthly forecast process
- Lead the annual 5 year strategic plan process for the Company
- Direct the financial planning team and processes in performance of analyses and creation of action-oriented reporting, including the identification of key performance indicators
- Maintain and continuously improve the company's performance management reporting to executive team, including daily, weekly, monthly reporting rhythms
- In close coordination with the CFO, assist in the development of all materials for Investor Relations activities.
- Prepare all financial materials to be presented to the Company’s Board of Directors
- Prepare analysis to help aid in decision making and help assess the financial implications of business decisions, including impact of operational, sales and marketing decisions
- Provide tools, reports and analysis on capital investment decisions
- Perform external benchmarking against key players in the home décor industry and other best in class retailers. Provide oversight to analysis of the home decor Industry, competitive activity and the impact to At Home’s performance
- Develop and manage the company's financial planning and reporting capabilities & tools. Provide oversight for maintenance and continuous improvement of company's financial reporting and planning systems. Provide leadership and support for major systems upgrades of company's financial planning and reporting systems
- Partner with the Information Technology team in an effort to automate functions and increase analytical capabilities within the group. Have a thorough understanding of all database and analytical software tools
- Facilitate the preparation and review of any ad-hoc reports as needed to identify and solve critical, time sensitive business issues.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure of the FP&A team to effectively accomplish and support both individual and team goals and objectives, as well as the Company’s
- Simultaneously manage several projects and participate in and facilitate group meetings with other teams related to financial analysis and policies
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations as needed to help track progress against important company initiatives
- Hire, train, and manage finance team members. Lead by example, create and foster a high functioning, collaborative finance team.
10+ years of varied finance experience, different levels and different industries for the broadest possible experience.
- 5+ years leading high performing teams
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance or accounting
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- The ability to collaborate with Executive Leadership and other business stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills: including strong presentation skills.
- Strong project management and performance management skills
- Demonstrated financial management experience, including the development of financial projections, budgets, resources and managing to these appropriately
- The ability to successfully manage multiple initiates/projects in a deadline-driven environment
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) & knowledge of major planning systems