800 bed prestigious, teaching hospital in the heart of Philadelphia, 300 FTE - union staff. Management staff includes 12 managers, 5 Assistant Directors, 1HR Site Manager and 1 Office Manager. This hospital is across the street from the ivy league college.
The Director of EVS will be responsible for:
- Department’s financial data and statistics, monitoring of unit expenditures
- Develop and recommend department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget
- Coordinate housekeeping activities with other departments
- Actively communicate with administration and other hospital departments
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department
- Establish work standards and workflow, Establish and implement policies and procedures for departmental - operations, Encourage and mentor staff creativity and innovation
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans
- Read and develop in the Total Quality Management process
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for department staff
- Encourage staff to participate in education programs
CULTURE AND PERKS
Our Mission can only be achieved by passionate, engaged people. The culture where such professionals thrive must have a rudder – The End Client’s Values provide that rudder.
Integrity. A commitment to forthright, Honest communication in all of our encounters. Collaboration. An unyielding commitment to consistent teamwork in order to achieve collective goals. Accountability. As a company and as individuals, they accept full responsibility for their actions and the associated outcomes.
Professional Development. Providing the right tools, training, and support for professional growth. Leadership. Displaying the passion for exceeding expectations in all that they do.
- 5+ years of EVS Director level experience at an acute care hospital
- Director level experience with hospital budget and financials
- 5+ years experience managing a staff of 200 or more
- Director level experience at a hospital with 500 or more beds
- Union staff management experience