This is an exciting time at F5. With significant opportunity in our core ADC, Security and cloud solution. There is growth and opportunity everywhere.
The Management, Orchestration, Visualization and Analytics (Manova) team is looking for a Sr. Director who can lead multiple teams in the lifecycle development of Manova products and services. Having a background in Analytics, Orchestration, Cloud services or Network Management is highly valuable.
This position coordinates with the VP of Product Development and with Product Management to define product roadmaps and strategic directions as well as provide oversight and mentoring of the engineering teams.
Overall, this role is a coach around engineering methodology, product and service lifecycle, team leadership, system engineering, holistic customer engagement and team health.
- You will be responsible for employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving mentorship to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Set technical and strategic direction for Product Technology Teams and Sr. Managers.
- Act as a mentor and train management staff in people management.
- Help develop the principles and discipline that provides continuous improvement.
- Define, execute and deliver on initiatives that expand across all of our Product Technology Groups.
- Drive department goals and communicate company vision upwards and across project teams.
- Develop and handle operating budgets.
- Develop and execute strategies that fulfill global market criteria and F5 corporate strategies.
- Develop successful working relationship with customers, OEMs, Channel partners, and 3rd party vendors to ensure quality of services and deliverables, timely project completion, and company financial goals.
- Research, analyze, and monitor the technology industry to capitalize on opportunities to minimize competitive activity and advancement.
- Represent department as needed: including project teams, task groups, audits, business or technical meetings with internal or external groups.
- Work to develop relationships with cross functional groups in Development, as well as other groups throughout the company to coordinate project goals and plans of execution.
- Participate in continuous self-education in Engineering field (i.e., methodologies, tools) to keep abreast of industry direction and standards.
- Interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of very critical matters. Influence policy making.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership/mentoring abilities.
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies. Ability to lead technical teams, including Managers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and across all disciplines.
- Ability to inspire others.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience developing and managing department budget(s).
- Experience with all phases of agile software lifecycle management.
- Experience developing strategies for a global market.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new processes, ideas, and concepts.
- Ability to delegate.
- Organized managerial work habits.
- Excellence in all written communications. Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10 % of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technical field; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in technical development
- 5+ years of management experience