The Senior Director of Engineering Direct to Consumer (D2C) will report to the VP of D2C and will create and lead a team of engineers in developing the new platform. This platform will support and enhance existing services, but also must be flexible enough to accommodate new games, marketing technologies, business intelligence tools, and business models.
The ideal candidate has led the technical development and integration of other digital platforms and services in a dynamic and matrixed organization.Successful candidates have lead multiple, distributed engineering teams, and have managed the integration of technology among internal and external teams.
- Evaluate external technology, companies, and services as part of a build / buy / partner analysis.
- Manage multiple scrums in developing new platform features.
- Run the live service, ensuring high availability and resolving performance issues and outages.
- Account for, and surface areas of technical and operational excellence and debt, working with engineering and product to appropriately prioritize.
- Drive adoption of features and programs by a portfolio of games, ensuring high performance and rendering for in game applications.
- Hire and develop a team of managers, engineers, and project managers to support efforts.
- Lead a sales engineering / partner engineering function to drive integration of technology across multiple labels and game studios.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of overall technical experience, including deep technical knowledge of large-scale web services.
- 4+ years of experience leading multiple engineering and technical teams.
- Demonstrated technical integration experience, creating products that have been integrated by multiple partner teams.
- Demonstrated team building skills – be able to bring people together, hire, develop, motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members and install a sense of pride in the team's accomplishments.
- A proven track record of innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus.
- Understanding of technical web production and administration, including technical infrastructure design and implementation, performance testing, A/B Testing, and mobile web/application development.
- Experience building APIs and with microservice architecture.
- Experience working on cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and familiarity with native service configuration and standard methodologies (CloudWatch, EC2, Auto-Scale, RDS, Lambda, etc).
- Experience working with desktop application technology, e.g. Electron, Qt., etc.
- Experience with digital rights management is a plus.