The Sr. Director of Customer Service is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all inbound technical support call center operations. The ideal leader is a strong and capable people-leader, with established credibility leading teams with multiple levels of leadership. Primary responsibilities include management and development of processes and policies designed for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training.
The successful candidate will demonstrate continuous development of the team through employee engagement and leadership development, while also demonstrating a strong capability for adaptability and adjusting to the needs of the business and the customer on the fly. Strong cross-functional leadership and communication skills are a must. The ability to partner with other departments associated with the customer journey to ensure seamless, successful customer experience, will also serve the successful candidate very well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and delivers results for key performance indicators to meet and exceed department goals and expectations
- Serves as a key business partner for implementation of key information technology enhancements related to department, including contract negotiations
- Develops strategies regarding future needs and enhancements that align with company goals
- Reports on business metrics to key business partners, measuring results and monitoring service quality, and providing timely and actionable feedback to the field
- Drives root-level resolution to recurring and highly impactful service issues and concerns that place long-term good service at risk
- Leads collaboration efforts with other departments and external vendors to identify and resolve system or process issues before those issues impact service
- Resolves escalated inquiries with a strong satisfaction and retention focus
- Develops and implements effective work force planning and optimization of staffing resources
- Establishes standard operating procedures, develops and implements approved process and/or operational improvements, and verifies adherence to policy
- Manages Customer Service Representatives, including hiring, retention, performance management, and succession planning Mentor, coach and support the management teams
- Work closely with leadership teams across other departments and locations to execute and lead on overall initiatives and business plans.
- Determine appropriate strategy, plans and resources to meet brand goals and objectives and ability to translate the strategy to the front line.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of progressively responsible general management/operations experience in a rapid-growth technology company with proven track record of success.
- The ideal candidate will have managed large call center teams with multiple levels of leadership
- Preference for deep knowledge of the contact center industry with direct experience in B2C industries
- Has managed and scaled budgets
- Customer advocate: meets with customers and can articulate customer needs, challenges and business goals.
- Ability to understand and succeed in a unique culture.
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Resourceful problem solver, powerful critical thinker
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills required