Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec's Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
About The Role:
The Sr Director, Business Development for CBU will oversee a team that will be an integral member of product and technology for the Symantec Consumer Business Unit. You will perform traditional management, thought leadership, mentoring, budget planning, etc., but will also jump in as need in order to contribute to the strategy and vision for the products, and be responsible for the development and management of multiple product roadmaps, which will include business and corporate development based on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional and will work closely with a number of internal departments. You are passionate about Identity Theft, Cybersecurity, and Privacy. You are strategic-minded and goal oriented, with good process execution skills and possess a quantitative background to drive analysis.
What the team will be doing:
- Help to develop product road maps for new products and services
- Assess / build / buy / partner options and drive discussions with the appropriate partners that help us accelerate our user base and drive growth
- Participate in large initiatives to become a disruptive influencer behind new and creative industry movement
- Will build and develop relationships using strategic insights from key market trends, internal capabilities, and external partner ability to execute on our vision and strategy
- Help teams analyze the best opportunities through research, analysis, detailed quantification of opportunities, and prioritized against others
- Create consensus for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Coordinate with product teams and lead go-to-market activities in addition to business development
- Dedicatedly identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Run all product and strategic partnerships
- Support corporate development initiatives
- Will regularly present to senior executives and Coordinate executive presentations required to gain support for new initiatives
- Will be comfortable working in a start-up style environment within a larger company.
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo, but capable of understanding how to navigate internal decision-making
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in related positions with growing responsibility
- Lead teams of dozens of individuals to include direct manager or even director level reports
- Handled budgets in the 10's of millions or more
- You will bring validated strategy and business development experience in direct to consumer businesses, working client relationship management and internal partner management to inspire change.
- Detail oriented, familiar working complex contracts, working with legal and technology teams
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with new product development processes, go-to-market strategies and product life-cycle management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey product concepts to subject matter authorities and non-technical professionals
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a creative and dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UI, Sales, Member Services, Finance and Marketing
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical abilities, focused on evolving product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Ability to influence, coach, and lead cross-functional teams and champion new product ideas and concepts
- Adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products, and applications
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.