This incumbent is a dynamic, business-oriented leader who will succeed by building deep customer relationships and driving sales, marketing, training, account management, and technical services. They will manage, mentor and enrich Scala’s growing North American Channel team. The Sr Director, Channel Sales – North America will own the North American re-sellers business segment and operate in an entrepreneurial manner to manage and grow their assigned territory. This individual’s will understand and demonstrate Scala software in a self-sufficient manner, fostering long term relationships by understanding reseller needs, markets and current conditions.
- Design and execute partner engagement strategy, engage with executive leadership, and build and grow company presence across all key market segments to achieve business targets
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Engineering, Product, Business Operations, Sales, Support, and Success to ensure internal messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of partner strategy
- Successfully lead and grow a team of Channel Account Managers and support staff for Channel Sales in the United States and Canada
- Understand, assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly) for partner satisfaction, and produce and deliver metrics on channel effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary.
- Use business acumen to develop and deliver forecasting, planning, and complex pricing models.
- Engage early in the business development cycle with senior level customer representatives to influence strategy and increase the chance of both qualifying in and winning.
- Perform other duties as requested
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- 4 year degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading channel sales
- Proven track-record of achieving new business objectives and delivering profitable business outcomes
- Exceptional employee leadership, development and motivation skills.
- Strong ability to develop, foster and maintain productive relationships with effectively with C-level Executives, Business Segment Leaders and employee partners.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to a variety of audiences
- Exceptional communication, presentation, interpersonal, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and communication skills