The Sr. Director of Business Management operates as a Business Partner working closely with Operational Government Services Leadership in support of four major business areas: Maintenance & Operations, Department of Energy Security, Architecture & Engineering and Cyber Security. This individual will lead the team in supporting business decisions based on financial information and key performance indicators while mitigating risk and improving cost structures which will lead to opportunities to increase profit margins. The person will provide leadership and coordination of Government Services accounting policies and procedures ensuring accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Act in a business partner capacity and advise business leaders to drive financial success. Responsible for the identification and explanation of deviations from Growth & Profit Plan (budgetary)/change in market mix and impact to Net Contribution while addressing any significant change/deviations in the business reflected in the financials. Drive the development and execution of Business Unit Strategic Plans to integrate into the greater Government Services Strategic Plan by maximizing efficiencies, leverage support and drive margin improvement.
- Directs the preparation and analysis of all accounting data and financial reporting for the Business Unit. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Maintains direct oversight of all Business Unit pricing, bid analysis, price-to-win strategies, and periodic project reviews. Assists in the execution of the GS Critical Programs Business Plans to achieve financial goals.
- Provides direction, governance and oversight of all financial activities for all Critical Programs sites (domestic & international). Ensures that financial practices are in compliance with all applicable regulations and accounting standards. Reviews internal controls and accounting system policies and procedures and updates as necessary.
- Maximize Cash Flow - Driving prompt billings, A/R collections, dispute resolutions, structuring favorable subcontract terms and leveraging vendor payment terms.
- Development of budgets and forecasts, consolidating all input from the GS Critical Programs Business Management team including the analysis and reporting to management.
- Attract, retain, and develop a high performance team. Evaluate team members for compliance with established goals/objectives and their contributions in attaining those goals/objectives. Identify and develop successor(s).
- Ability to clearly and consistently get information across in a timely and effective manner both verbally and in writing via multiple methods. Demonstrates the ability to influence people and get them to take appropriate action.
- Proven knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Planning and Analysis along with a strong Strategic and Operational understanding of higher-level business decision making. Knowledge of Government cost accounting standards and FAR provisions.Expert knowledge of (GAAP) Generally Accepted Financial Principles.
- Ability to clearly and consistently get information across in a timely and effective manner both verbally and in writing via multiple methods (i.e., presentations to groups both large and small). Demonstrates the ability to influence people and get them to take appropriate action. Excellent analytical skills and strong systems/process skills.
- Experience working in an ERP environment, SAP preferred.
- Proven leadership and project management abilities proven leader in recruiting, training and developing a high-performing finance team. Strong interpersonal skills: The ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- 10+ years experience
- Government Contracting experience required
- Job ID 2018-3496