Moderna is seeking a physician to lead the Medical Affairs initiatives for the CMV vaccine portfolio. Board certification in Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, and/or Pediatrics is desirable. At least 8 years of industry experience is required, preferably within vaccine development.
This role will report to Moderna’s Therapeutic Area Head for Infectious Diseases, and will be the primary point person for the strategic development and execution of the Medical Plan for cytomegalovirus (CMV). The position is based at Moderna’s Cambridge, MA site.
The successful candidate is driven, curious, collaborative, with a bold ambition to contribute to the development of ground-breaking mRNA-based vaccines. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and at least 5 years of industry experience.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Accountable for the leadership, development and execution of Medical Affairs strategy CMV.
- Help design the structure and assess the needed capabilities for Moderna’s developing Infectious Disease franchise.
- Provide scientific leadership to the Medical Affairs, Infectious Diseases team.
- Design and execute Medical Plans for CMV, including Key Opinion Leader Outreach, publication strategy and planning, CME education, symposia, and congress planning.
- Sit on the Infectious Disease Therapeutic Area Leadership Team, and assist the Therapeutic Area Head and CMV team in developing an overall strategy for the CMV project.
- Help establish policies and procedures for key Medical Affairs activities, ensuring compliance with the principles of Scientific Engagement.
- Actively contribute to the development of the CMV Target Product Profiles, contributing the voice of the medical professional to the development of these assets.
- Contribute to the selection of vendors and design of educational materials.
- Accountable for copy approval of external materials.
- Accountable for the development and approval of key Medical Information documents for licensed products in the Infectious Disease franchise.
- Represent Moderna as the key liaison with public health bodies, such as the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices, National Advisory Council on Immunization in Canada, etc.
- Serve as a key partner with Commercial in terms of market-building activities, including building of HEOR models.
- Lead the Medical strategy for CMV Advisory Board meetings.
- Partner with Legal/Compliance functions to ensure all Medical Affairs activities are conducted according to Moderna’s policies and procedures, and in a manner compliant with all external laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the broader Moderna organization.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- MD or non-US equivalent of MD degree with completion of residency in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, or Pediatrics. Preference given to Board Certified candidates. Completion of a fellowship or focused training in Infectious Diseases is extremely desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industry setting, preferably in Vaccines or a related therapeutic area. Proven ability to:
- Plan and execute Medical Plans
- Deliver high-quality results within established timelines
- Demonstrated track record in leading cross-functional teams and work streams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, internal drive to generate high-quality work, and sense of passion and urgency to achieve team and program goals.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and strategic planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with CROs, investigators, consultants, and team members across functions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to meet the needs of varied audiences.
- Integrated understanding of FDA, EMA, ICH, and GCP guidelines. Prior interactions with public health agencies a must.