Develops a strategy to support effective, efficient and safe aircraft maintenance through the management of allocation, procurement, repair, and distribution of materials. Assesses departmental performance, identifies weaknesses or risk, and implements operational changes as required. Manages relationships and oversees activities of suppliers.
*This position can be based in either Purchase, NY or Florence, KY.
- College Degree required, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in Aviation and related industry.
- Commercial Aviation industry experience with a minimum of ten years in Materials Management
- Experience in managing multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Direct experience with the Boeing 747, 777, 767, and 737 aircraft types.
- Experience in managing a large geographically dispersed work.
- Experience with large complex provisioning and allocation models
- Experience as the leader of a complex Materials Management function with several warehouses in multiple locations.
- Experience in international vendor sourcing, management, and quality control
- Experience in establishing the appropriate structures, processes, systems, and staff for an airline technical operations environment.
- Experience and success in establishing strategies and objectives for their department in alignment with company-wide strategic plans.
- A track record of consistent performance improvement with high operational reliability
- Comfortable leading change with new and creative approaches to operations with long-standing employees.
- Has the potential to grow into broader and more senior roles within the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong business and financial acumen and ability to analyze the implications of key materials management decisions.
- Rigorous, structured, disciplined, and fact-based approach to solving complex problems.