Sr. Director, Marketing and Product Management
Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
The Senior Director, Upromise Marketing and Product Management is a critical role within the Upromise organization. He/she is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of all marketing and product management initiatives. This individual will lead a team responsible for new member acquisition and engagement, product development and marketing, brand advertising, and public relations. This individual will also be responsible for the management of strategic partnerships including the relationship with the issuer of the Upromise co-brand credit card. This strategic thinker will evaluate product management initiatives to continuously improve the suite of products available to Upromise members and increase profitability for the enterprise. The Senior Director, Upromise Marketing and Product Management will plan, direct, and coordinate marketingbudgets in accordance with organizational goals. He/she must possess strong leadership skills and be able to work autonomously and effectively in a dynamic and changing work environment. He/she needs to be able to communicate effectively and gain buy-in across the organization for recommended strategies and initiatives.
Membership Acquisition and Engagement - 25%
- Develop and execute multi-channelcampaigns to grow and engage the Upromise membership base.
- Provide marketing expertise and leadership across all acquisition channels including digital and off-line channels.
- Constantly adapt to develop trends in social media and digital advertising to ensure continued relevance with the Upromise target audience.
- Establish and achieve detailed expense and ROI targets for all acquisition and engagement activities.
Credit Card Account Acquisition and Portfolio Activation - 25%
- Develop and execute multi-channelcampaigns to acquire new credit card accounts that are closely aligned and complimentary with all communication with existing members and prospects.
- Collaborate with BarclayCard US to develop and implement innovative strategies to increase account value.
- Improve account activation and utilization while ensuring portfolio profitability remains within established parameters.
Product Development - 25%
- Develop new product strategies through organic development and partnerships to drive membership loyalty.
- Manage the effectiveness and profitability of existing products. Modify existing product offerings to ensure value provided to members and the achievement of financial targets.
Brand Strategy - 25%
- Develop and implement a brand strategy for Upromise.
- Incorporate geographic and demographic perceptions of the Upromise brand to develop new initiatives to promote the success of the business.
- Establish and manage new strategic partnerships to advance the mission of Upromise.
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 5+ years of management experience within financial services marketing or product management
- 10+ years of direct experience managing multi-channel product acquisition programs through digital and off-line channels
- Direct experience managing marketing within a nationally regulated financial institution. Strong understanding of CARD Act and other applicable regulations
- Experience working the Salesforce Marketing Cloud suite of products
- Experience working in a business start-up environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional oral, written and formal presentation skills
- Balanced expertise in analytics, relevant supporting technology and business acumen
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate innovative insights from rigorous analysis
- Experience managing projects, including ability to provide direction to others and successfully generate results