The Sr. Director of Logistics will play an integral role in executing the strategic vision of Transportation and Physical Operations organization. The incumbent will be a key leader in building a world-class logistics team and operation. The incumbent will optimize and implement logistics solutions to drive business results, continuous improvement, and growth. The incumbent will be a thought leader by providing analytical insight and perspective to the VP of Transportation and Physical Operations and senior management.
- Create and execute the vision for Logistics organization.
- Develop a world-class logistics team. Provide coaching and mentorship to the current team while attracting new talent to ensure adequate depth in functional areas.
- Identify priorities that lead to improved customer service, increased efficiency and cost reduction.
- Define strategic roadmap for Logistics organization.
- Become the Logistics SME on continuous improvement methodology, demand planning, route optimization, and transportation network design.
- Discover new opportunities to optimize our customer service through analytics, statistical and optimization modeling using analytical tools.
- Design, develop, and deploy executive-level dashboards in business intelligence application, based on key insights and outputs from analyses.
- Foster organization wide collaboration in solving problems.
- Engage and influence business leaders.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative approach.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly analytical and technical.
- Effective problem solver.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Ability to attract and recruit top talent.
- Ability to motivate and coach others.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Superior leadership skills.
Experience and Education
- 7-10 years of experience leading a world-class logistics operation (Fortune 50 experience preferred).
- Ortec (OIR) superuser experience preferred.