McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 120 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's but to build a better McDonald's.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay connected with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you'll be lovin' it here…
As the Senior Director, Learning and Development you will join the Learning & Development Center of Excellence during a period of unprecedented innovation and advancement. You will partner widely across the Global People function, leading and supporting efforts to evolve, build, reimagine and ultimately scale robust solutions across the U.S. segment. This work is aimed at providing employees ample opportunities where learning will result in capability building to support our velocity growth plan.
You would report to the SVP, Chief Learning Officer, and lead the U.S. segment learning function.
- Strategically define the direction of future learning across functions, informed by a deep understanding of the current state of learning and development programs and relevant premier practices being implemented in the U.S.
- Evaluate existing programs for impact and alignment with functional needs. Provide recommendations for learning experiences that increase reach, impact, and future capability requirements.
- Design and deliver extraordinary, engaging learning experiences ranging from core/flagship curriculum to discipline-specific programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cutting-edge, nimble, just-in-time tools. Define metrics for successful evaluation of programs around fulfillment of audience needs and relevant business drivers with functions.
- Lead and manage key external vendor relationships as necessary.
- Lead core U.S. learning experiences, including delivery, implementation, and ongoing evaluation ensuring program quality and audience value.
- Cultivate innovation, while maximizing efficiency by acting as a leader with vision on ground-breaking, scalable, and relevant learning industry trends centered on learning impact and accessibility.
- Meet and engage subject matter experts, key partners, franchise owners, and learners to conduct needs analyses, define requirements, and potentially develop content for a variety of learning programs and tools.
- Keep pace with both business and functional knowledge, and apply this effectively in the course design process within the COE.
- Ability and willingness to travel at times, occasionally including global destinations.
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferred Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum ten years of forward-thinking experience in learning & development functions with a broad focus to include in-person training, virtual training and facilitation roles.
- Previous management experience supervising a high performance team.
- Experience working cross-culturally with varied colleagues in a global environment.
- Senior level expertise across variety of training methods with an excellent ability to engage with people at all levels of an organization, from crew to franchise owners.
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills. Solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills to champion and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, subordinates and other key partners.
- Strong business insight, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
- Ability to develop and translate strategic goals into appropriate development and talent programs that deftly balance the evolving priorities of the organization in a way that is forward thinking with an ability to set direction and motivate team on what is possible
- Previous experience serving as a consultant/advisor in analyzing client needs; setting and managing expectations and influencing decisions. Proven record of communicating and processing complex and sensitive information in both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills. Experience in group facilitation and team coaching with a track record of improving overall performance.