eporting to the VP Strategy & Planning, the ideal candidate will create a culture of continuous learning by creating, driving and implementing Technology focused talent development initiatives and processes to align with current and future strategic needs of the organization. These initiatives include both technical, non-technical, and leadership development paths.
This may be the job for you if:
- You are a collaborative relationship-builder with an empathetic and adaptable approach to learning design strategy, appreciate feedback loops and organize your plans based on formative data.
- You care deeply about developing a continual learning culture within the Technology organization.
- You are enthusiastic about integrating creative and innovative technology solutions with learning opportunities
- You value learning. You invest in your own growth and development and authentically model your passion for personal and professional development for those you lead.
- You are a team player. You thrive on contributing to a system, vision greater than yourself and truly believe that others can make significant contributions to your professional journey just as you can contribute to theirs.
- You are a big-picture thinker, enjoy designing adult learning experiences for diverse and dynamic individuals and appreciate that building a positive learning culture is an iterative process.
- Ability to present recommendations that are well researched pragmatic and aligned to the business strategy.
- Exhibits a systems-view and demonstrates a high level of consulting influencing and decision-making skills.
- Ability to take an idea from conception to successful and sustainable execution.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills - can analyze data draw insights to assess the organization recognize potential issues diagnosis route causes and craft viable solutions.
- Strong influencing and relationship skills - can build and sustain relationships at multiple levels.
- Has a demonstrated track record of effectively managing people and projects.
- Has significant experience in instructional design, learning design, or training and development
- Has proven success communicating effectively with technical professionals
- Has experience with and is comfortable working with a wide range of technical content
- Has the ability to overcome obstacles and unforeseen circumstances to complete a project
- Is a natural collaborator, but is comfortable moving projects forward and driving results with empathy for the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Is nonthreateningly confident, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Is discreet and has demonstrated the ability to manage confidential information
- Is a highly responsible individual, who takes ownership, and can accomplish tough tasks
- Has a strong belief that technical training can be transformational
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
Education & Experience:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology Business Administration HR Organization Development or related field is required. Master’s or PhD is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant work experience in a related leadership role. Partnering with talent management, organizational effectiveness, performance consulting, business improvement.
Supervisory: 5 + direct reports
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.