The Sr. Director, Investor Relations is responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Treasurer and Vice President of Investor Relations and is responsible for creating the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics, as well as for providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap. The position requires excellent financial communication and interpersonal skills. It also requires the ability to carefully manage relationships outside the company in the equity research and investor community.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company's vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value.
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework.
- Manage equity research and investor relationships.
- Work closely with covering sell-side analysts to assist them to better understand the company's strategic and financial objectives over a multi-year period. Communicate those expectations to Teleflex senior management.
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the executive leadership team.
- Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing quarterly earnings and conference calls, conferences, road shows, and investor meetings.
- Ensure a positive and active flow of communication between the company and the community through press releases and event promotions.
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors.
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance on regulatory matters.
- Help develop the company's Annual Report and review SEC filings (i.e.10-k and 10-Qs).
- Collaborate with interlinked departments such as financial planning and analysis, accounting, treasury, tax, marketing, business unit heads, CEO and CFO and other senior executives to gather data and support for external financial communications, establish new strategies.
- Monitor investment research and communicate competitor research information to the CEO or CFO.
- Convey investment community feedback to senior management.
- Advise the executive team on the impact of factors like 'mergers and acquisitions' on the investor community.
- Answer inbound analyst and investor questions.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience, or 5+ years experience in managing an investor relations department at a profitable organization (healthcare industry preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- MBA or CFA certification is an asset.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements.
- Manage the Company's Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) program by serving as main point of contact with external ratings organizations and interfacing with key Company functional leadership to gather information that satisfies ESG ratings firm needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry.
- Understands financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors.
- Strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital market trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends.
- Entrepreneurial and client-focused mind.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills in the investment community and with corporate executives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the Executive Team.
- Must be willing to travel 30% of the time.