Provides IT services and leadership for the company’s MIS department to maximize the effectiveness of data collection, processing and reporting. Defines and solves user requirements and, utilizing the Management Information Systems team, develops and implements computer hardware, applications and solutions; accountable for managing and directing the IT Operations Team. This position is responsible for the design, build, implementation and availability of infrastructure systems and applications across the enterprise ensuring redundancy, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer based information systems to ensure users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements. Users include both internal and external customers.
- Defines user information requirements by conferring with users and analyzing functions. Recommends and develops computer-based business solutions.
- Plans system applications and assigns staff to develop, test and complete programs. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness. Prepares and maintains technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure.
- Responsible for company's disaster recovery plan.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases.
- Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Improves existing software programs and develops new applications to meet future business needs.
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained and data is secured through proper back-ups and staff training.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Contribute to the development if IT departmental strategies and aligning them with the overall business strategy.
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the networking server and voice infrastructure through the development of strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Manage overall capacity utilization of infrastructure environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements.
- Establish and implement ‘best-practice’ standards as well as developmental policies and procedures to meet J-Sox and ITGRC compliance.
- Represent the team to technical and non-technical audiences to ensure the strategy and value add is effectively communicated.
- Provide for professional or technical growth of team though assignment, mentoring, or training.
- BS/BA with MS preferred in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing an information systems department in a medium or large size firm.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- 10+ years of hands on work experience relevant work experience in technology support, network services, systems administration, with preference for working directly or as a consultant to Large Consulting Firm (e.g. Big 4, Silicon Valley enterprises, etc.)
- Strong hands-on/technical knowledge of Virtualization and Cloud technologies required
- Must have a strong hands-on/technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies.
- Required: Microsoft Server and Hyper-V virtualization, SAN Storage and Data Center networking, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus (routing, switching and design), Cloud (migration, architecture and design (preferably Azure or AWS)), Office 354 including Exchange online and SharePoint, Windows Servers, Active Directory, MS SQL, SharePoint, Skype, Exchange, SCCM, Ops Mgr., DPM, O365 etc.
- Automation language such as PowerShell, Python and/or Ansible
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco technologies required
- Required: Expert level knowledge of enterprise class storage arrays
- Required: Expert level scripting skill-set
- SQL server design basics
Job ID 2018-1721