Outstanding leadership opportunity to shape the Talent Management strategy for Northeast Division. Consisting of 22,000+ employees across 5 regions and reporting to the Division VP of Talent Acquisition, this role will lead all aspects of Talent Management to include: succession planning, talent reviews, leadership of high potential employee identification and initiatives, and the design and development of talent programs targeting multiple levels of employees.
-Develop and implement innovative, creative, high-impact talent management strategies that enable outstanding organizational, team and employee and business performance.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Regional TM Leaders to lead performance management, employee development and retention strategies.
- Participate in development of customized diversity and inclusion strategies, including diversity pipeline efforts.
- Make informed, bold and courageous decisions; advocate for business-impacting changes and challenge decisions that do not add value. Comfortable working in a matrix environment.
- Lead the Talent Review process for Northeast Division, exploring best in class practices to make it an ongoing year-round discussion. Provide research, analysis, consultation and recommendations for the strategic talent planning process.
- Diagnose talent management needs and implement associated strategies in partnership with Comcast HQ NED to support in the development of a high potential talent and a future leadership pipeline.
- Support the preparation and nomination process for all formalized high potential Comcast development opportunities and explore new ways to engage and grow high potential talent.
- Develop talent management & succession planning metrics with the management team that drive optimal talent pipeline performance. Understand and deliver the data and analysis needed to enable strategic Talent Management business discussions and decisions.
- Monitor staffing levels and implement strategies to effectively use succession plans.
- Conduct on-going research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement through key industry subscriptions, conferences and external networking/benchmarking.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, Advanced Degreepreferred.
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience
- Must possess extensive research and analytical skills, with deep Talent Management & Leadership Development subject matter knowledge.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, track record of effective partnerships, sound judgement and decision-making abilities, as articulated by business references.
- Significant experience working in a high pressure, changing organizational environment, with clear evidence of success achieving results.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation, coaching, and leading team/organizations in performance improvement strategies that result in higher performance.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Requisition #: 168140