McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The McKesson Human Resources team is looking for a Sr Director, HR and Change Management to provide a range of strategic HR, change management and program management services to McKesson. The Sr Director, HR and Change Management will work closely with Senior Executives across the organization to support HR, Change Management and PMO activities in Europe for an enterprise-wide transformation program. The position will be located in our Stuttgart, Germany office but will support employees in and European locations. The individual must operate as a strong team player, leveraging relationships, strong influence management skills, collaboration and business expertise. The Senior Director will take a consultative approach, and act as a key advisor to members of the program leadership team of an enterprise-wide transformation program.
The Senior Director, HR and Change Management is responsible for supporting HR, Change Management and Program Management integration activities for Europe as part of an enterprise-wide transformation program. Key responsibilities include:
- Support the global transformation effort by leading regional organizational design efforts in the region, ensuring the organization is able to take advantage of a streamlined operating model accelerate its strategic agenda
- Support workforce transformation efforts in region, including transitioning the workforce to a new operating model
- Apply expert knowledge of Change Management to business and growth initiatives and define best solutions to meet unique business requirements
- Lead stakeholder management, change planning, change impact analyses and change agent networks for the program, in partnership with external vendors and internal business partners
- Build and maintain an integrated project plan for People and Change workstream across Europe, tracking the status, risks, issues and action items for change management, communications, HR Business Partners, HR Operations and Talent Management, and reporting to enterprise PMO
- Collaborate with BU HR (Function HRBP, Europe HRBP, Country HR) and Shared Services to ensure a seamless implementation of enterprise-wide programs through intervention and customization
- Keeping current on leading practices, designing change programs (or overseeing vendors who design), evaluating program performance, authoring policies and procedures and monitoring the delivery of these programs as needed
- Align the right structure, cultural context, and practices to drive employee adoption of change
- Coach and support BU HR and business leaders on the execution of change initiatives and frameworks.
50% travel required across Europe
12+ years Human Resources and/or Change Management experience
- Business mindset: able to understand the business and financial conditions, link HR and business strategy, and identify ways to improve business performance
- Change management: demonstrated experience in articulating the business case for change, evaluating change readiness, building and executing stakeholder plans and transition activities, and managing sustained change and transition
- Program Management: demonstrated experience in driving program management tasks, including building and tracking project plans, status reports, and mitigating business risk by highlighting critical issues to program leadership early
- Capability & culture builder: skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities, building what’s required, shaping and supporting culture, and aligning organizational programs to reinforce culture
- Visioning, innovation and strategic thinking: Understands what is happening in the industry and market to define how to advise the business on how to adopt sustainable change; raises the bar and push for new and innovative solutions, challenging others to also translate creative ideas into concrete action-plans
- People development: Ability to build trust and lead a team, encouraging others to step out of their comfort zones to form new interpersonal relationships
- Consulting skills: able to tailor his/her communication style to work well with stakeholders at all levels in the organization; effective at influencing, facilitating, and problem solving; ability to focus on people and interactions, not just processes and tools
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- HRBP experience required
- Experience with leading functions through significant enterprise transformation efforts required
- Significant change management experience required
- Program management experience preferred
- Organizational Development/Design/Effectiveness/Operating Model experience required
- Experience in a large, complex, matrixed organization preferred
- International experience preferred
4-year degree in human resources, change management business or related field or equivalent experience, master’s degree preferred.
PHR/SPHR certification preferred, unless an advanced degree is attained.