This position plays an active role in implementing strategies and programs in support of Lam Research’s vision and business objectives. The HR Business Partner will provide hands-on leadership, encompassing both strategies and tactics, to enable talent and workforce management plans, organization and people effectiveness objectives, and the effective implementation of the full human resources management portfolio for an assigned client group.
Some of the typical HR deliverables include change management and execution of HR programs, such as: Organizational Development and building high-performing teams, Rewards & Recognition to ensure optimal talent attraction, engagement and retention, Succession planning to harness the full leadership potential in the Company, Performance Management, and new employee Assimilation. As an integral part of the business team, the successful HR Business Partner engages in leadership and management coaching; employee development, talent reviews, and team-building activities. This is a full-time, strategic and hands-on position reporting to the Managing Director of Human Resources, Products and Technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with management to deliver annual Human Resources initiatives and business driven organizational and people strategies, as defined in the annual planning cycles.
- Leading organization effectiveness, org design/development, succession, and workforce planning for an assigned client group.
- Coaching leaders and managers to optimize high-performing teams, addressing employee relations, and harnessing the potential for Lam’s future leaders.
- Leading employee recognition and retention programs.
- Partnering with managers and corporate staffing on hiring, onboarding and assimilation of talent, including immigration and relocation.
- Provide data and analytics to identify trends, determine root causes of issues, develop effective solutions, and execute for desired impact.
- Collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence on delivery of key HR programs.
- Participate as a key member of the business leadership team for an assigned client group.
To be successful, the person filling this position will:
- Exhibit effective business judgment and business acumen, sound decision-making, and the ability to set or adjust priorities as the business environment demands shift.
- Demonstrated experience in fast-paced, strategic partnerships, and an ability to achieve desired business results.
- Have strong interpersonal and influence skills to establish and build strong rapport and partnerships with leadership and Global Human Resources.
- Operate with a sense of urgency, bias for action, and possess an authentic desire to thrive in a complex organization.
- Be team oriented and role model collaboration skills.
- Think; Customer, Company, Individual. Be a highly analytical thinker and problem solver. Be attentive to detail, speak with data, demonstrate systems-thinking skills, and be curious and driven by the desire to do the right thing for the Company, Customer and Individual.
- Exhibit strong project and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and bring them to closure, effectively and efficiently.
- Practice strong Organizational Effectiveness/Development skills with a passion for teamwork, management, and leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Communications; Masters in Organizational Development or MBA preferred.
- At least 12 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws; displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Strong business acumen, consulting, analysis, communication, presentation, negotiation, influencing, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Technical proficiency in MS office, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with a strong ability to present to executive and global employee audiences.
- SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred.
- Coaching/ICF certification preferred.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Consulting, Human Resources Director, HR Manager, HR, Technology, Research, Human Resources