As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enhancing solutions that drive business and organizational performance broadly across the enterprise. Reporting to the VP of HR, you will serve as the organization's go-to person for effective change management and organization design, optimizing team and organizational effectiveness, talent management, and shaping culture. You will manage a team of five people and commensurate budget.
Leveraging advanced influencing and execution skills, this position will build strong relationships with senior leaders across the business, including the senior leadership team/CEO. You will work closely with the HR Business Partner, Total Rewards, and Employee Communications teams to ensure that organizational development solutions integrate with and optimize other talent initiatives. You will use analytics and data to assess the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives and adjust plans as necessary to achieve desired results.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develops and leads Blue Origin's integrated talent and performance management strategies, practices, and tools while partnering with HR leadership and business partner teams to assess talent, org capability and leadership requirements.
- Partners with HR Business Partners and business leaders to identify critical roles and people, and develops talent strategies, in collaboration with Recruiting, for talent supply and succession.
- Advises leadership and develops strategies for leading and managing change. Develops strategies for change communication, resistance, risk mitigation, coaching, training and accountability to reinforce adoption.
- Obtains data to measure and analyze awareness, understanding, buy-in and support of org and business changes.
Organizational Development Strategy
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations to improve organizational performance and business unit/function alignment.
- Develops initiatives that shape the leadership culture and optimizes the organization's agility, results, collaboration, and decision-making.
- Develops feedback and listening mechanisms to facilitate open discussions of organizational improvement opportunities.
- Ensures Blue Origin's multi-location integration and continuity in terms of philosophy, company culture, and practices, which fosters a uniform employee experience.
- Develops fully integrated organizational design solutions that blend organizational effectiveness, talent development, and change management to drive improvements in company performance and productivity.
- Manages organizational change efforts such as organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, job design, job descriptions and skills assessments.
- Though org diagnostics, evaluates team performance/effectiveness and partners with HRBP and business leaders to implement solutions to increase performance.
- Designs and continuously improves a human performance framework that enables timely employee feedback, sets actionable/measurable goals, and helps employees learn and grow.
Training, Learning and Development
- Identifies organizational, management, leadership, and employee capability and skill gaps and implements solutions that increase competency levels and improve business performance.
- Manages training, learning and development team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Designs initiatives to ensure all dimensions of diversity are embedded in our business processes.
- Through culture, leadership, and organization, ensures equity in our people practices and inclusion of the amazing and talented people of Blue Origin.
- Delivers Results
- Systems Thinking and Doing
- Project Management
- Critical Evaluation and Assessment
- Change Management
- Business Acumen
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Org Structures/Models
- Human Motivation and Performance
Skill & Experience
- Minimum 15 years of varied and increasing responsibility related to organizational development and effectiveness and talent management.
- Must have past or current experience as an HR Generalist with some depth in compensation, benefits, HR software/systems, onboarding/exiting employees, employee relations, and performance management.
- Minimum of 6 years in a senior management role leading/managing teams.
- Must be a non-linear thinker and future focused.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development or Effectiveness, Organizational Psychology, Industrial/Labor Relations, Business Administration, or Human Resources.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Deep experience using organizational development/effectiveness theory, management theory and best practice, and various talent and performance management methodologies.
- Program design and expert level facilitation.
- Self-starter with proven project management and demonstration of solving complex problems.
- Stellar interpersonal skills; builds effective relationships across the organization.
- Business acumen with a keen understanding of how the business and people/organization strategies connect.
- High levels of resourcefulness, organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact.
- Expertise in employee engagement and recognition.