Sr. Director - Head of Benefits
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Director - Head of Benefits
Capital One is seeking a Senior Director, Head of Benefits. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and drive the strategy, development and implementation of all benefits programs through an amazing associateexperience. They will serve as an inspiring leader, proactive senior business partner and subject matter expert by being an innovative thinker and strong relationship builder, facilitating business solutions through their functional and technical expertise.
This role is a key member of the HR team, serving as an important and strategic position reporting to the Vice President of Compensation, Benefits & Global Mobility.
- Develop Benefits annual priorities and overall strategy for the future of Capital One that aligns with the company’s strategic objectives and delivers a transformed associateexperience
- Plan and direct the overall design and implementation of all associate benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, financial programs and work, life and family consistent with the company’s strategic direction and employment proposition
- Analyze current and developing legislation, healthcare regulations and other environmental factors impacting plan performance and program competitiveness
- Manage program financials and utilization, prepare annual budgets and track all benefits related expenses
- Ensure clear governance model across all countries and directs international benefits strategy
- Oversee the effective communication of the benefits plans and programs to optimize impact and understanding. Work closely with organization to develop a strong value proposition and brand and clear and concise communication materials
- Lead preparation for Benefits and Retirement Committees
- Manager strong vendor partnerships and utilization of external network of experts
- Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Ensure that all plan filings (such as Form 5500) and audits are performed to maintain planqualification and compliance
- Oversee the audit process and work closely with Legal to develop required notices, plan amendments, plan documents, eligibility appeal response and otherrequired documentation.
- Lead, develop and motivate a strong, effective and respected Benefits organization, one viewed by its clients to be confident, strategic, proactive, effective, and vital to the company’s success
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in HR
- At least 7 years of experience in Benefits design, strategy and management
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist designation
- Ability to develop a benefits strategy that is aligned with the critical priorities of the business
- Experience with Benefits Committees and general governance practices
- Experience with non-qualified plans, executive perks, amenities and work life programs
- Experience with international benefits programs and practices
- Experience working within a highly-matrixed environment
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business
- Work experience in a Design-thinking/agile/User-experience/transformational work setting
- Excellent at team building and motivating people. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Proficient at being a teacher, mentor and coach
- Highly articulate with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and strong executive presence