When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $24 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely positioned to provide our employees with the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for driving global sales for the Transplant Diagnostics business (TDX). As a member of the TDX Senior Leadership Team (SLT), this position is responsible for development and execution of the TDX commercial sales strategy to achieve long term growth and annual sales plan. This role will lead the TDX commercial sales organization; with a focus on strengthen competitive sales capabilities and evolving the global regional sales model. This position will work closely with colleagues in Marketing, Operations, and Quality/Regulatory functions across the business to ensure the seamless execution of commercial sales results. Other responsibilities include collaborating with other Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses to optimize alignment and coordination within the corporation. This role reports to the Division President.
What will you do?
- Implement and manage an optimal sales organization for the successful distribution of all TDX products across the global enterprise
- Development of Annual Operating Plan and to manage successful implementation and execution
- Support the annual TDX strategic planning process (development and execution)
- Lead sales leadership team, responsible for global commercial organization through direct and global distribution channels
- Develop strategies to drive sales growth, strong customer relations, new product adoption, technical support for all products and services, timely resolution of customer problems, and collection of market information as required.
- Regularly communicate status of the sales organization and current market conditions to the TDX leadership team
- Implement measureable metrics for direct and indirect sales teams
- Lead monthly commercial governance process to ensure achievement of sales targets, forecast and new opportunities
- Directly negotiate and/or approve financial arrangements with customers
- Routinely evaluate departmental sales activities and performance, providing ongoing suggestions for improvement regarding departmental needs.
- Responsible for the architecture of the incentive program for the Sales department
- Implement Thermo Fisher Talent practices to develop team performance and engagement (Selection and hiring, Training, Performance management and development (PMD) and incentives (commissions)
- Work closely with Marketing, Customer Support/Product Specialists, Technical Training, R&D, and Operations to ensure AOP achievement, providing insights on channel feedback, product features and functions, trends, program needs, customer outreach programs and events
- Maintain expense and budgetary discipline by following approved and set TDX guidelines, policies, and procedures. Ensure that others do the same
How will you get there?
- 10 years of relevant experience required
- BS or BA required, major in business or technical field preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem structuring / solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business partners and customers positively impacting business growth
- Knowledge of the trends, financial and profitability drivers for the industry
- Proven track record of effectively driving large scale initiatives from a business and cultural standpoint
- Exceptional presentation development skills with mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Outstanding process orientation: must regard all activities as processes that can be continuously improved and act as an agent of change within the Group
- Strong self-direction and initiative with desire to own and make decisions with input from colleagues and supervisors
- Travel 25% – 50% (global)