The Sr. Director, Global Reward will be responsible for leading the Reward team and function for Risk Solutions Group (RSG) division and serve as a key contributor and member of the broader RELX Reward team. The successful candidate for this position will partner with RSG leadership to establish reward strategy and design within the context of the RSG human resources strategy and the RELX Rewards Center of Excellence strategy to attract, motivate, retain and engage global talent to successfully execute against the organization’s vision, mission and business strategies. The position will coordinate reward solutions and delivery across the RSG business units and will lead communication, messaging, and training related to reward programs for the business. The candidate will work closely with the Senior Human Resources Leadership team at RSG, leveraging the work and support of common Human Resource systems, tools, and processes.
- Serve as reward thought leader and process owner for Risk Solutions Group, providing guidance to business HR and leadership on incentive compensation, market benchmarking, salary structure design, job evaluation, and merit planning.
- Lead and coordinate the platform-wide nomination, planning, and approval processes related to the RSG merit, incentive and equity compensation programs.
- Provide counsel to RSG HR and leaders on compensation issues related to talent acquisition and candidate offers and employee promotion, recognition, and retention actions.
- Develop an effective communication approach to ensure that the reward programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by RSG HR staff and employees.
- Partner with Legal and Human Resources to ensure compliance with all reward laws and regulations across the globe.
- Focus on process improvements and enabling reward decision through the use of technology and insightful analytics.
- Leverage strong understanding of different laws and pay practices for other countries with added emphasis on the UK territory, Brazil, India, the Netherlands, China, Australia, France, and Spain.
- Identify tools to benchmark and innovate reward practices and recommend changes.
- Analyze, review and assess the effectiveness of Total Rewards programs to ensure objectives are being met and recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
- Lead a team of reward professionals, developing them and leveraging their strengths to execute Reward strategy with excellence.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong global compensation expertise
- Proven strategic business partner with the ability to prepare and communicate clear and compelling messages to HR and Business Leaders
- Strong leaderships skills with the ability to develop talent, encourage collaboration and leverage strengths of the team members to execute with excellence
- Ability to assess organization needs, leverage judgement to develop alternatives, present solutions leveraging influence skills and execute in a way that adds value to the business
- Exceptional analytical and reporting skills, highly data-driven
- Strong command of Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint; Excel, Word and HR System experience (Workday or comparable product)
- 10+ years global compensation experience, including compensation partner experience and experience leading professionals in the execution of complex global initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in education and/or experience.
- HRIS experience highly valued.