Rimini Street, Inc., the world’s leading independent provider of support for enterprise application software, seeks a Sr. Director of Global Revenue resident in our Pleasanton, CA office. Our company is currently privately held with plans to become a public company.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The Sr. Director of Global Revenue Management, reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller, is the primary process owner for Global Revenue Recognition in compliance with US GAAP. In addition, you will lead the effort of the Company’s timely transition to ASC 606. Responsibilities will include establishing best in class revenue processes, policies and utilization of your strong technical revenue accounting skills to ensure cross functional revenue guidance to solve complex revenue issues and to ultimately ensure revenue recordation in compliance with US GAAP and efficient revenue audits with no surprises.
The successful candidate will make recommendations to improve revenue accounting processes and systems by the utilization of broad revenue accounting and business knowledge of operations to identify issues and opportunities. Plans, directs, mentors and manages the highly skilled revenue team to be communicative, collaborative, proactive and analytical in analyzing revenue contracts and resulting revenue transactions. The Sr. Director of Global Revenue Management also maintains effective internal controls and ensures compliance with revenue processes and policies. The successful candidate must be capable of operating in a high growth, rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure monthly revenue accounting close deliverables and reporting requirements are accurate, in line with company policy and US GAAP and meet deadlines per the Accounting Close Calendar.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies to ensure timely identification of emerging revenue accounting pronouncements and keep management and business partners updated on developments in revenue accounting and financialreporting related process and policy changes by the issuance of various revenue accounting summary memos, training sessions, and other meeting forums.
- Lead the Company’s evaluation and ultimate transition from ASC 605 to ASC 606 by demonstrating a strong technical knowledge of ASC 606 and work with cross functional business partners to ensure an accurate, timely and successful project completion.
- Establishes a relationship with cross functional business partners to understand and resolve complex issues where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth technical revenue accounting knowledge and demonstration of leadership to exhibit influence and expertise, thus affecting the resulting outcome to be in compliance with US GAAP.
- Provide leadership and input to sales and sales operations teams by participating in non-standard contract reviews and analysis of new product offerings.Review Contracts to identify non-standard terms, cancellation clauses and to ultimately ensure proper revenue recognition accounting treatment in compliance with US GAAP. Includes identifying issues that could negatively impact revenue for management consideration.
- Perform fair market value analysis for multiple element arrangements.
- Participate in the management of the monthly accounting close process, including review and approval of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations on a timely basis per the Accounting Close Calendar
- Prepare and review schedules in support of the internal and external audit process along with assisting in the management of the audit processes.
- Develop short and long range team operating objectives, organizational structure and staffing requirements while effectively balancing workloads, assignments and appropriately delegating responsibilities to staff.
- Monitor the team’s performance to ensure direct report(s) meet individual tasks, deadlines and perform to established standards. As needed, takes timely actions to coach, develop and train team in order to be able to fulfill their daily responsibilities to achieve the job requirements and needed competencies (i.e. communication, collaboration, analytical and technical revenue accounting skills).
- Anticipate issues, propose solutions and understand department interdependencies and deadlines. Proactively communicates with the broader finance and accounting teams and cross functional business partners.
- Initiate, review and implement process and system/automation improvements to the revenue accounting process to increase operational efficiencies and scalability while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying revenue accounting records.
- Participate in global standardization efforts for policies and procedures and account reconciliations.
- Perform special projects or ad hoc analyses, as required.
- Develop, and maintain SOX controls as the business environment changes as a result of process, system, and policy enhancements. Includes risk assessments and review of risk areas.
- Coordinate and ensures ongoing compliance with SOX.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA in good standing
- 10+ years public company revenue accounting experience within a multinational organization including 5+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm (preferably at the Manager level)
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC revenue accounting and reporting with an emphasis on ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to establish credibility based on knowledge of technical revenue accounting subject matter areas with internal management and external auditors
- Strong leadership, outstanding team and project management and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of personalities
Job ID 2017-3312