ob Summary (Primary function)
The Senior Director, Global Medical Affairs is responsible for specifically working to develop the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables within Global Medical Affairs, and provide a coordinated approach to building Incyte's medical leadership, through cross functional and regional alignment. The Senior Director partners closely with Global Medical Directors, and aligns with colleagues in other key functions to build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the pipeline and brand therapies.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Responsible for the coordination of Medical Affairs activities including:
- Development and execution of integrated medical plans (evidence generation and scientific communications).
- Global external expert engagement plans.
- Patient centric activities.
- Medical advisory boards.
- Ensuring the alignment of the publication and medical evidence to the integrated medical plan.
- Providing appropriate input into the global investigator sponsored research and collaborations.
- Other medical affairs activities as agreed with the VP, GMA.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, Pharm. D.).
- Medical Affairs experience (2+ years) At least 4+ years total of pharmaceutical or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum.
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues.
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data.
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
- The candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Global and Country launch experience preferred.
- Diagnostics experience preferred.
- Patient Advocacy Experience preferred.