Reporting to the CIO, the Sr Director Global Infrastructure will plan and lead Sotera Health’s global technology infrastructure strategy, enabling the sound and secure growth of the company’s fast-paced global business. You will prioritize customer satisfaction and business results while tracking key performance indicators and managing the infrastructure department to financial targets. This is achieved by leading efforts for continuous improvement, innovation and delivering reliable production support through leadership of a multi-faceted team including, internal resources, third-party strategic service partners, and managed service providers. Maintaining an effective partnership and teamwork with internal and external IT partners and all other IT service teams is a key success factor.
We are searching for an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to improvise and maneuver in a dynamic environment. You must enjoy and be skilled at team building and development, as well as relationship building and collaborating with organizational leadership. Technical expertise and passion for innovation are a must, but you will balance that with solid business-minded decision making.
The role requires a broad skill set within the technology infrastructure field including strategic and technical management of enterprise architecture, systems, network, security, data centers, telecommunications, and “X”-as-a-Service delivery models. Candidates must possess the desire to drive projects to their conclusion in an environment undergoing transformation. Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the selection and development of modern IT platforms and infrastructure to support Sotera Health’s global operations.
- Assist in the development of multi-year strategic plans and annual budgets. Accountable for monthly operational expenditure to budget alignment. Oversee project expense to budget alignment.
- Engage with key leaders of Security and ensure infrastructure teams are maintaining appropriate levels of security and protection
- Engage with key leaders in Enterprise Application Solutions to ensure architecture alignment and collaboration in solution strategy, design and execution.
- Lead the IT plant and facilities Systems, Network, and Server teams to ensure they are operating at peak effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage vendor relationships to maximize effectiveness of delivery execution and escalation
- Identify automation opportunities to advance operational efficiencies as well as proactive system monitoring and measurement of infrastructure operations.
- Provide leadership and direction with major incident troubleshooting and resolution and effective service partner escalation to expedite remediation.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and attend appropriate training programs to remain current with skills and compliance requirements.
- Supervisory skills including interviewing; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring and developing the capabilities of your team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years total IT strategy, infrastructure and operations experience, including 7+ years transforming and/or leading multi-site enterprise IT organization, including but not limited to data center and disaster recovery services, cloud services, telecom and network services, compute platform, storage services, IT security, enterprise collaboration and mobility, service management, and user support/help desk.
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure risk management, standards, and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT compliance risk frameworks, standards, and best practices for audit controls (e.g., GAMP, COBIT, COSO, CMM, ISO, ITGC, etc…)
- Proven IT transformation leadership and staff development skills in a global IT organization
- Experience managing global programs/project and teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience partnering with Plant Engineers and familiarity with Industrial Control Systems
- Experience in working with external auditors and regulatory agencies and their requirements (e.g., SOX, FDA, NRC, etc…)
- Working experience and knowledge of IT Service Management Practices (ITIL) - Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes.
- Supervisory skills including interviewing; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance
- Executive presence. Strong verbal and written communication, documentation, presentation, and facilitation skills; Highly professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to lead and influence IT leaders to make and embrace changes proposed in global infrastructure and other global IT governance processes
- Strong policy, controls, and infrastructure best practice/process knowledge is a requirement.
- Ability to lead and manage direct reports across numerous time zones
- Establish and monitor global KPI’s relative to infrastructure service, delivery, cost, and performance
- Ability to build strong working relationships, exert influence, and lead effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to work in a matrix environment as required.
- Strong understanding of vendors, strategic vendor contracts, terms & conditions and overall vendor financials to identify and deliver global synergies and cost savings
- Ability to identify investments and cost savings opportunities to optimize IT infrastructure investments and day-to-day IT operations; perform investment analysis of IT transformation projects and construct fact-based business cases.
- Strong project management, analytical, and time management skills with a superb attention to detail; deadline driven and effective at managing multiple priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint