This position sets Global strategy to transform Supply Chain field inventory activities and to ensure inventory optimization across the MDT Regions as well takes a leadership role on tools, processes and practices in all Regions to drive best practices throughout RTG.
This role drives execution to achieve Annual Operating Plan targets for field inventory, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight, in direct control for the US and directionally within the other RTG regions.
The role drives innovation, continuous improvement, and best practice sharing across the US as well as all Regions for RTG businesses and partners with global geographies to advise and support the development of Field Inventory strategies and programs. This position achieves results through leadership, coaching and delegation while influencing leaders from other functional areas in business units. The position requires an autonomous leader with strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed organization building and maintaining strong partnerships with Sales, Sales Operations, Global Supply Chain, and Customer Care organizations.
A Day in the Life
• Works closely with business therapy leaders to define optimal field stocking strategies (type and level of service required) and tools to use in primarily US
• Creates integrated processes among internal functions (e.g., operations, purchasing and logistics) and outside suppliers.
• Plans and analyzes activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
• Manages a team of Supply chain logistics and planning experts (approx. 50 employees)
• Lead the development of RTG Field Inventory's vision and strategies Globally
• Develop and implement plans and activities to drive US as well as other Regional working capital optimization, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight ensuring alignment to corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Identifies potential financial and operational risks and implements mitigation plans (field inventory within RTG is approximately $200M inventory in US alone and about $300M worldwide)
• Provide leadership and guidance in support of system, process and transformational projects that are scalable and sustainable.
• Manage and monitor RTG US Region inventory, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight levels to exceed budgeted goals. Establishes and drives similar processes in all Regions for RTG.
• Conduct and coordinate complex business analysis to identify business opportunities to improve inventory turns / WOS, optimize on-hand inventory, working capital levels, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight. Lead / sponsor teams across the US and other Regions to drive continuous improvement, achieve AOP targets and position businesses for future success.
• Influence leaders (Executives, GMs,) across the matrix to assure inventory levels, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight achieve or exceed established Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets.
• Serve as the primary liaison with all key business stakeholders across RTG Business units to achieve inventory, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight goals and objectives. Partner with Sales and Sales Operations Leaders to assure mitigation plans are in place to drive necessary improvements to exceed plan.
• Design and adjust organizational structure to support current and future business unit requirements. Recruit and develop talent to support current and future state organizations. Build and maintain a highly inclusive and engaged culture with a focus on optimal organizational health
• Collaborate with and advise customers (Providers, Group Purchasing Organizations and Integrated Delivery Networks) on optimizing the supply chain across the value chain. Identify value creation and capture opportunities to deliver savings / avoidance of costs that benefit both the customer and Medtronic, generating a competitive advantage in the sales process.
• Implement appropriate controls and governance mechanisms to ensure accuracy and integrity of inventory, SOGL and Direct Distribution Freight.
• Partner with Quality, Finance, Customer Care and Sales Operations teams to establish and communicate policy and rules of governance to ensure appropriate level of governance, process, rigor and engagement exist for each business unit.
• Responsible for operational budgets in excess of $5M and SOGL P & L in excess of $30M. Coordinate and support Global Supply Chain on inventory working capital balance sheet targets.
• Identify opportunities to support overall success of RTG Field Inventory Supply Chain strategies where data and analysis can provide an advantage - strategic or operational - for a business unit. Develop a clear value proposition/business case to gain acceptance of strategic opportunities, including 1 tool of choice, collaborating with business & IT
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience with 10+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 13 years of experience with 10+ years of managerial experience
10 years (with Bachelors) or 8 years (with Masters) of work experience in supply chain and/or inventory control
Experience working with sales organizations with a focus on building relationships and an understanding of sales practices/organizational activities
Nice to Have
• Experience working within a matrix organization
• 10+ years' experience in supply chain with business acumen from order to cash
• Solid understanding of Sales practices / organizational activities coupled with customer relationships / intimacy
• Strong analytical skill set
• End to End Supply Chain ranging from Plan, Source, Make and Deliver
• Strong influencing skills and ability to get things done through others without direct line authority
• Experience with echelon planning and forward deployed inventory is a key attribute
• Master's degree, Supply Chain/Operations or Business Management
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen
• Demonstrated expertise in data mining to help make fact based, data driven decisions
• Strong track record of driving results and savings / cost avoidance
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business results and advise course of action
• Demonstrated experience identifying business risks, developing and implementing mitigation strategies
• Flexible and adaptable to change - Demonstrated clear, influential and effective communication skills