CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
Reporting to VP Global HR Operations & Employee Relations, lead initiatives and manage global resources responsible for overall leadership of our Regional HR shared services centers (AskHR) located in Mansfield, Prague, Galway, Singapore and Shanghai. Performance of Ask HR leadership responsibilities include ensuring the standard delivery of HR shared services support for global & regional HR applications, processes and procedures as well as various reporting tools and technologies. This position is responsible for global alignment of initiatives that drive continued service delivery improvement and growth of the HR Operations portfolio of support. Support the business requirements for the HR function based on standard practices across global AskHR. Proactively assess and deploy Automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies and practices to improve the employee experience with HR Shared Services. Partner with Enterprise Excellence Shared Services and other functions to implement value stream initiatives. Ensure optimal mix of Business Process Outsourcing and captive shared services operations.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Ensure optimal operation of Region Ask HR Shared Service Centers and implement the processes necessary to manage demand and resource requirements of multi-tiered shared service HR operations center.
Ensures continuous maintenance of HR operations standard operating procedures and process documentation.
Ensure the audit of phone calls and case management system documentation to verify proper procedures are followed, accurate information is provided and escalation processes and with regional HR Centers of Expertise (COE) functions are followed.
Enable the production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reports of standard global and regional metrics. Shares with appropriate stakeholders to drive adoption of shared services and continuous improvement efforts.
Proactively assess and implement proven technologies Automation and AI opportunities to leverage within AskHR centers.
Implement lean sigma and the Medtronic Operating System/Cell Operating System practices to improve effectiveness and realize efficiencies.
Partner with Global HR Solutions Delivery Group to drive continuous improvement for work processes, service catalog expansion and alignment with Business Operations Tier 2 support.
Ensure a working environment that attracts and retains high quality service delivery talent.
Provide leadership to a global organization of 120+ employees and a global budget of $8 to $10M.
Participate on the Enterprise Excellence Shared Services Steering Committee to ensure linkage to broader Medtronic Shared Services Strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Human Resource, Organizational Development, Business or related field and 15+ years general Human Resource or related business experience (Master’s degree substitutes for 2 years of experience)
NICE TO HAVE:
• Master’s Degree in Human Resource, Operations, Finance, Business (MBA) or related field.
• Previous experience leading a global Shared Services organization and managing service delivery of programs and administration.
• Experience implementing AI and/or call center technologies with proven results in improved effectiveness and efficiencies.
• HR or Shared Services leadership experience in a large, fast-paced global organization.
• Previous experience interacting with and presenting to senior management in a large, global environment.
• Proven analytical, strategic, problem identification, problem solving, mediation and negotiation skills.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to perform under pressure and in a very dynamic environment
• Experience managing global teams with cultural complexities.
• Strong project and program management skills and the ability to act independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic PC skills; proficient in MS office software products.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 25% time.