The Director, FP&A will lead the global Financial Planning and Analysis function for the CCS segment. In addition, provide finance and accounting expertise to the Commercial & Supply Chain Finance team as they execute the Segments’ growth strategies.
The Director will support the estimate process, the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process, budgeting and forecasting, monthly operations and business reviews, and quarterly detailed account reconciliation review.
The Director will also conduct financialreporting and analysis to assess and identify the risks and opportunities, and develop analytics that measures key performance indicators to drive accountability.
This position will also oversee compliance with all applicable Sarbanes-Oxley and statutory requirements related to the position.
- Collaborate with the CCS Segment’s, regional and center led teams to coordinate timely and accurate closing, budgeting & forecasting cycle. Analyze monthly results and/or trending data to support the monthly estimate, and include risk and opportunity assessments.
- Support the VP of Finance in the overall Financial Management of segments
- Provide Project Management and Risk Management Leadership
- Optimize the corporation’s overhead spend (Selling, General, & Administrative) through strategic and analytical evaluation of current spend, identification of improvements and efficiencies and execution of activities to improve return on investment.
- Support the monthly performance reporting activities including timely and insightful commentary on performance compared to the prior year and to estimates.
- Ensure full internal control measures are in place and complied with in accordance the guidelines of internal and external audit and more specifically, Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Evaluate current systems and processes and recommend appropriate value-added changes to enhance the monthly forecast process and enhance the reporting system utilization.
- Provide strong leadership and communication to the business.
- Provide career development and coaching/mentoring to the Financial Planning & Analysis staff using the Newell Brands’ individual performance management process.
- UndergraduateDegree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. MBA/CPAPreferred.
- 10 - 15years of experience in finance/accounting, preferably in a Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Significant experience with SAP and Hyperion is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of finance and accounting.
- Strong sales and marketing financeexperiencerequired.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and develop strong finance teams that collaborate with cross functional business teams to drive growth and profitability.
- Ability to assess risks and opportunities within complex business situations.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and make decisions quickly under any situation.
- Demonstrated record of solid career progression.
- Action orientation and assertive style.
- Ability to be objective is required.