Responsible for the development of Philanthropy’s operational and financial management strategy and contributes to the development and oversight of Philanthropy's strategic goals. Provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Philanthropy has the proper controls, operational/ administrative/financialreporting procedures, and staffing systems in place to effectively support services for the fundraising foundations throughout Dignity Health.
- Develops, implements, and directs plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives to support the oversight of the system foundation and the local foundations.
- Provides leadership in the operational and financial planning aspects of Philanthropy's business development goals, financialforecasting, budget development, internal audit, and assistance in improving operating performance.
- Develops and monitors adherance to standard operating and financial policies and procedures and leads best practice sharing.
- Leads system-wide philanthropy initiatives, such as Requests for Proposals for fundraising and operational matters and oversees system contracting processes, to ensure operational and cost efficiencies as well as to promote increased fundraising.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of total experience in philanthropy accounting/finance
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a senior management role; experience in successfully dealing with major strategy and operational issues
- Experience facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required or a combination of education and/or additional job-related experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree.