The Senior Finance Director, Global Marketing & Corporate Analytics will be responsible providing the overall financial management of the Global Marketing function and serve as the primary business Partner to Align’s Chief Marketing Officer / Senior Vice President, Product Portfolio and Business Developmentas, as well as to the Global Marketing Organization. Individual will manage the financial planning and analysis and related financial processes for Global Marketing. In addition, this individual will manage the Global Analytics function tasked with providing analytics support to the Global Marketing and other corporate teams, as well as driving consistency in reporting frameworks and tools with the regional / functional analytics teams.
This person will manage a team of Finance analysts as well as an analytics team and will report directly to the VP, Corporate Finance with dotted-line relationships to the Chief Marketing Officer. This position will be based in San Jose, California
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the financial support for the Global Marketing, partnering closely with the CMO and the Global Marketing VP’s by developing robust process and scorecards to provide visibility to commercial operations, product and channel performance and overall performance of key initiatives.
- Ensures Global Marketing leadership is provided top notch and highly accurate financial and non-financial information and analysis for their business decisions.
- Manage the entire budget cycle (incl. AOP, Quarterly Plans, LE, R&O), comply with Corporate requirements
- Provide reporting and analysis of all marketing spend, global and regional.
- Creates and monitors financial plans, targets, strategies, and controls that focus on achieving desired financial and business objectives. Ensures alignment between Global Marketing and the regions on planned KPI’s.
- Provide insights and recommendations to drive growth opportunities & business results
- Develop financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, products and other initiatives. Review and influence the key assumptions driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility
- Analyses proposed business risks, opportunities and pending decisions to determine impact on financial results, including post mortems on outcomes. Owner of ROI analysis on key initiatives which will inform and support profitable marketing investments.
- Influence business decisions via in-depth analysis and propose broad solutions and approaches to enable successful execution.
- Bring forward new business ideas and drive these with the organization
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX and financial procedures
- Partner with the Global Marketing team in oversight of the long-range planning process, including preparing financial models, long-range planning and scenario analysis.
- Partner with the Global Marketing and other functional teams to on the portfolio planning process, including challenging cross-functional trade-offs, prioritization and efficiencies.
- Oversee the accounting, including the month-end close process and reporting activities and spend analysis for the Global Marketing team
- Lead the Global Analytics team by developing routine analysis and navigational capabilities to the Global Marketing and Corporate teams, including developing dashboards and agile analysis to support business cases, key initiatives and to drive insights.
- Drive global consistency in key analytic frameworks and tools.
- Initially, align with the regions, IT and other teams on data-sources and capabilities in support of basic dashboards and analysis, but then quickly transition to deeper and higher value-added predictive and prescriptive analytic capabilities using modern analytics tools and techniques.
- Strong business partnering and relationship skills, while maintaining an objective mind to evaluate performance and challenge the teams
- Must influence business partners and provide recommendations in order to drive decision making and execution
- A successful candidate will have strong finance, analytics and accounting background and the ability to assess business opportunities and analyze business trends. Individual will need to dive deep into the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills & strong business acumen
- Strong leadership, excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Capable of independently managing multiple tasks in a highly deadline driven environment with a high level of precision
- Ability and desire to drive process-based improvement across functions
- Able to manage operate successfully in matrix organization and build partnerships across functions
- Some travel will be required
- Drive and energy; eager and ‘hungry’, enjoy working in dynamic growth environments
- Resolve and determination – leads from the front, a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Continuous learner, curious and creative catalyst for change in an assertive, yet collaborative manner; Highly ethical
- Accountable and results driven, agile with ability to challenge status quo and influence cross-functional and global counterparts, looking to make business impact
- Strategic and analytical thinker while being hands on for the financial work
- Earns respect through existing domain knowledge, passion and sound judgement
- Customer centric; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with all functions and levels of management
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 15+ Years of progressive finance experience, preferably inclusive of both public accounting and multinational corporate experience.
- Proven track record of business partnering, preferably in supporting commercial, marketing and/or R&D organizations
- Recent experience in leadership roles in Financial Planning & Analysis required
- Language: English (required)
- Experience in US-based multi-national company with international locations; experience in scaling growing companies strongly preferred
- Leadership: You have the ability to offer strong leadership to successfully manage a relatively flat team across multiple locations and time-zones
- Proficient in general accounting under US GAAP, SAP experience a definitive plus