As part of a unique and highly skilled team, you’ll participate in the development of space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent financial acumen and analytical ability, and oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to join the leadership team of the Finance group. In this hands-on position, you’ll work to increase the speed, efficiency and automation of our business operations, by supporting the timely delivery, quality and transparency of data to support the company’s business decisions. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight.
- Highly skilled collaborator, influencer, and frequent communicator with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Lead all aspects program finance business operations including the development and implementation of the monthly business rhythm, processes, procedures and tools. Establish Program Finance roles and responsibilities
- Develop the performance management system, cost estimating/pricing system, and integrated business systems toolset.
- Lead operations to improve performance, margins, costs, EACs, forecasts and returns on investments.
- Develop BOE tool and EAC creation and maintenance process with risks and opportunities quantified with mitigation strategies
- Develop and implement integrated tool set to facilitate program control, planning and reporting. Develop early warning system
- Develop, implement and lead capital expenditure approval process, analysis, and project reporting
- Manage inventory procurement investment strategy. Prepare usage and procurement forecasts
- Develop, implement and lead discretionary spend (B&P) process and reporting by initiative
- Provide financial business analysis and reporting with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management as it relates to financial program status and analyses.
- Oversee program, IR&D, capital and inventory financial forecasting, work authorization, EV reporting, program budgeting, EAC development, and various financial reporting activities
- Coordinate cost and schedule analyses and preparation of reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon cost and schedule parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Manage the Pricing & Estimating function. Develop and document the Cost Estimating system. Create and conduct cross functional training
- Develop cost proposals, including review of RFP, FAR clauses, and coordination with subcontractor flow-downs, prepare basis of estimates, pricing strategies, cash management, negotiation strategy, cost proposal kick-offs, cost volume compliance matrix, and presentations to Senior Management
- Where applicable, ensure compliance with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements and program implementation support based on current standards. Provide direct support to the Program Management Office and Control Account Managers on the planning and implementation of EVMS processes to ensure compliance. Review EVMS artifacts such as: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), and Work Authorization Document (WAD) for compliance, Cost Performance Reports (CPR) and Contract Logs. Support program Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR)
- Interface with government Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). Participates in audit deep dives, evaluates program office processes leading to recommendations for implementation of corrective action
- Conduct lean initiatives and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting
- 15 years’ experience in finance in a manufacturing and/or development setting within the Aerospace and Defense sector
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience performing budgets, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, earned value, planning, cost estimating, analysis, and reporting
- Extensive experience in implementing an integrated toolset for business operations
- Successful experience working with operations to improve performance, margins, costs, EACs, forecasts and returns on investments
- Experience with and understanding of FAR and DFAR
- Experience in managing commercial and government audits
- Experience and knowledge with industry pricing software
- Experience in finance in a government contracting/government cost accounting environment
- Strong communications skills in technical work environments
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- TS SCI Security Clearance