This role will define the business performance standards and metrics, and create/drive internal financial processes and systems to be simple, predictive and accessible. He/she will ensure appropriate due diligence is applied to business decisions, maintaining the integrity of reported information, synthesizing that information into a strategic asset, and forecasting with a high level of predictability. He/she will need to be comfortable operating in an environment where perfect data is not available and assumptions are required to estimate short-term P&L implications as well as build long-term financial projections. Additionally, the finance leader will need to attract, develop and retain talent within the organization.
- Lead the Corporate Hawk Incentive FPA team and develop/maintain relationships with the Accounting, Sales, Account management, operations, IT, Customer Care, Marketing teams to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow.
- Direct the overall process for the bottoms-up development of the annual expense budget, resource planning analysis, and rolling forecast updates.
- Oversee fiscal period and quarterly financialreporting, analysis, and forecasting of the consolidated Income Statement and all sub-entities
- Oversee and providing reporting and variance analysis of fiscal period and quarterly results, strategic scenario planning, and other business analysis.
- Partner with the business unit GM in the development of strategic (multi-year) long-term financial plans, encompassing investment plans and capital needs.
- Ensure that all Corporate FPA and Executive requests are met in a timely fashion
- Provide strategic insights to GM and GVP of Sales on client/division portfolio
- Supervision of all FPA staff and the functions they perform, including development of individual growth objectives
- Support quarterly external reporting, including earnings releases and earnings call support information.
- Establish and maintain strong business controls; drive increased visibility into expense risk areas.
- Provide a high level of thought process to recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Enhance and/or define reporting requirements to support the business and operations - standardize them, - centralize delivery.
- Help evolve methodologies to improve insights into the financialdrivers of the business, especially at the client/product line reporting.
- Make recommendations as changes occur in business drivers, reporting requirements, and organization structures. Understand the implications on the overall company business model.
- Provide management team with insightful decision support and drive executive level ad hoc financial analysis as required.
Perform the role of finance coach/trusted business advisor to G&A organization leaders in growing and scaling the business.
- Exhibit a fine balance of controls, strategy, planning and metric management.
- Develop direct reports to grow, scale, and potentially rotate into different roles over time.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive financeexperience leading corporate planning initiatives across global organizations with both business unit and geography based structures.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- Proven track record of effectively managing, leading and developing high performance teams to grow and scale with the business.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analysis experiencerequired, with previous experience managing a Corporate FP&A function.
- Familiarity with enterprise planning software, including design and on-going efficiency enhancements. Cognos and MS Dynamics experiencepreferred.
- Experience serving in a key finance leadership position for a fast-growing company, preferably in the payments industry.
- Has preferably played a critical role in helping a $1B+ business scale to $3-5B+ by driving forecasting and analysis efficiencies and process improvements.
- Experience in driving the strategic, financial analysis and evaluation of potential M&A activity highly desirable.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills, especially with the Accounting organization, U.S. business units leaders and country managers.
- Experience as a strategic thinker, can effectively translate strategies into financial plans.
- Has a proactive and constructive style of engagement with business leaders to earn credibility as a finance partner who adds value and helps drive business results.
- Builds strong relationships.
- Broad business acumen and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- A self-directed leader able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach.