At Hologic, we’re an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we’ve been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women’s health What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access. None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. While we focus on women’s health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind. Job Summary The Sr. Director of Field Service is responsible for creating and driving a service strategy to optimize growth and profitability for the Hologic Diagnostic Service business. The position is responsible for working in conjunction with the Service Leadership team in creating an overall service strategy to optimize profits, reduce costs, maximize utilization of resources and drive the overall effectiveness of the service delivery model. This position will also work in close partnership with the Quality team to help deliver against key quality improvement metrics and is responsible for driving and measuring customer satisfaction for the business. The Sr. Director Field Service will work closely with the Regional Service leaders to optimize the Service delivery model and to identify, drive and improve upon key performance indicators. The Sr. Director of Field Service will partner with the Commercial and Business unit leaders to ensure delivery of end-to-end customer solutions. In terms of reporting structure, the Sr. Director of Field Service will lead a small team of Regional Service Managers (~<10) and will report directly to the VP of Customer Experience and Service The preferred location for the Sr. Director of Field Services position is a Dallas/Chicago or a city serviced by a major airline. There are significant growth opportunities for the candidate who takes this role, including paths to senior leadership positions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Drive the strategy for the Service business to optimize profitability and growth. Execute Service business plan that maps to the Hologic’s overall strategy. This plan will include a specific, aggressive strategy for creating necessary growth, operational efficiencies, customer integration strategies, required products, services and technologies and process transformation.
- In partnership with the VP of Customer Experience, drive and optimize the service delivery model across the North America; leveraging technology, and optimizing cost and resources.
- Review all vendor relationships/partnerships to ensure they are enablers to driving Service profitability.
- Develop the key metrics/performance indicators for the Service Business to manage a growth-focused Service business.
- In partnership with the Quality Team, develop the key metrics for quality improvement to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Provide business development operational strategies by analyzing data, defining critical measurements, determining customer service strategies, designing/improving systems, optimizing resource allocation, resolving problems and implementing key changes.
- Develop the framework for measuring the customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Lead the effort to develop and enhance tools and technology that will enhance the customer experience and enable and create greater efficiencies.
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, mentor, and evaluate department staff, and implement effective succession plans
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with a Business, Engineering, Health Science or related concentration.
- 15+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 12+ years of experience with a Master’s degree
- Previous experience in leadership of Service organizations.
- Experience working for a capital equipment manufacturer of complex, technically advanced products.
- Experience creating and/or working in a metrics driven service environment.
- Track record of driving change.
- Public and private company experiencedesired.
- Experience in fast paced/rapidly changing environments
- Lean Experience – Continuous Improvement
- Proven track record of management and leadership skills required to drive profitable rollout of service offerings.
- Ability to balance strategy with tactics; Intuition with analysis; and corporate objectives with customer success.
- The courage to challenge processes that are inefficient or counter-productive and establish new processes to improve efficiency.
- Self-sufficient in preparing content, collateral and presentations. Must be capable of creating and delivering effective presentations. Strong writing skills are critical.
- Adept business knowledge.
- Excellent people, management, and relationship-building skills to interact with customers, channel partners, staff, colleagues, and cross-functional teams.
- Motivated, disciplined, and self-directed.
- Must be organized with strong time management and project management skills. Ability to effectively lead projects and initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Excellent skills and talent for communications in all forms and media, including: verbal, written, visual, presentations, websites, social media, video (both formal and informal).
- Must have computer skills including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com.
- Seasoned business judgment and superior analytical abilities, particularly in strategic business, financial analysis and leveraging key metrics to drive the business forward.
- Ability to create and drive service strategy while also delivering the necessary analytics and financial review to drive the business.
- Strong execution skills.
- Ability to leverage technology to optimize a service delivery business model.
- Ability to influence and drive change without direct authority.
- Honed analytical thinker, comfortable with an understanding of micro-level operational details as well as larger strategic issues.
- A personal style that is results oriented, pro-active and self-motivated and that combines the highest standards of professionalism and integrity with strong planning and organization skills as well as the ability to roll their sleeves up and get down into the detail as necessary.
- Demonstrable negotiation and presentation skills and experience of presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, including those at the most senior levels.
- The ability to establish a collaborative team, create enthusiasm and gain commitment from peers, direct reports and other key members of the organization.
- Strong results-orientation: possesses a performance mindset and work ethic of high self-motivation with a continual sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Change Leadership.
- Willingness to travel 50%
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice: Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiterunder these terms or they will not be considered.