Requisition ID 26001
Amkor is recruiting for a Business Unit (BU) Management position for Advanced FCBGA Packaging in Tempe, AZ, where the primary function of this position is to manage BU members and key customer accounts. Additionally, the position will include the management of internal process development and co-development programs in support of customers, off-shore factories and supplier development teams and support the qualification and mass production of FCBGA products. This individual will need to help define and concurrently manage multiple programs through internal management systems, as well as identify and develop new customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead BU members to achieve annual goals.
• Manage customer relationships to grow market share.
• Work with customers to understand the assembly, reliability and scheduling requirements for various package qualifications, which may include substrate design, die stacking requirements, material selection and supplier selection.
• Work with customers to understand and characterize package-silicon interactions that may be identified during prototype builds, qualifications or production ramp. This will include designing experiments, analyzing data and supporting the root cause analysis and corrective action process.
• Work with Amkor advanced product development teams on the transfer of new packaging technologies to production. This will include supporting the final qualification and initial production ramp.
• Promote Amkor Technology to find potential applications and deploy the package portfolio.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (materials science, mechanical engineering, microelectronics or similar) and 10+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry or a Master's Degree in Engineering and 8+ years experience.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
• Project management experience with knowledge of surface mount technologies and final package form factors.
• Direct prior product management experience involving off-shore factory assets and the ability to multiplex across numerous programs and teams is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a heavily matrixed organization and have experience with design and manufacturing systems used in modules or other highly integrated packages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Technical presentations for customers and at industry seminars are required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience managing a business unit.
• Knowledge of material and package characterization data analysis, test methods and qualification procedures is desired.
• Familiarity with Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control is a plus.