- Provides leadership, strategic planning and coordination in the development and maintenance of an enterprise-wide ethics program. Supports the ethics framework with key risk and performance indicators to detect and measure an ethical culture, communications, policies, staffing, confidential reporting and incident response. Formalizes an ethical culture by implementing and ensuring sound business processes and practices related to social media and a digital and artificial intelligence environment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and actively participates in the identification, design, development of ethics and compliance initiatives. Deploys technology and leverages information systems as needed for centralized approval and monitoring of transactions
- Formalizes an ethical culture by implementing and ensuring sound business processes and practices. Develops and refines a risk assessment for conduct risk and establishes risk tolerances as needed.
- Provides leadership, coordination and planning for the code of conduct including values, polices, program and processes. Measures the effectiveness of internal and third party management. Conducts root cause analysis with detective and preventive controls. Implements corrective action and remediation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and program manager in compliance and ethics by identifying, building and managing solutions to support integrity at the core of corporate governance. Establishes a standard of conduct for regulations and laws.
- Works closely with executive and senior leadership to establish an enterprise-wide compliance culture including the development of specialized training and awareness programs.
- Stays abreast of regulatory and industry changes relating to compliance requirements and their impact to the company and the way business is conducted.
- Works with key stakeholders to develop and execute a business contingency plan that provides for prompt, efficient and seamless responses including strong communications and action plans that assure the company remains in compliance. Keeps the senior leadership team informed.
- Manages the annual performance management and merit processes for direct and indirect reports. Coaches and develops team members and builds a work environment where team members are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in the company. Works closely with Human Resources regarding employee relations, compensation, training, posting and filling vacant positions and other Human Resources related matters
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Fifteen years of experience in Corporate Compliance, Legal or Human Resources in the financial services industry including five years in a management role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, including banking and credit card regulatory environments
- Broad knowledge of federal and state banking laws, regulations, legislation, regulatory agency guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to present and discuss compliance requirements in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and promotes understanding
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated successful negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills