The Senior Director of Enterprise Risk Management will directly lead a holistic evaluation of risk identification against the organization's core business model and strategy. The incumbent is responsible for working across the organization to identify, mitigate and manage emerging strategic, financial and operational risk related to member and team member safety, organizational reputation and optimization and retention of assets.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in enterprise risk management, safety and risk management or audit
- Minimum of two years of supervision
- Effective skills in the following areas: human relations, enterprise risk, diversity and inclusion, training, business management, loss prevention, planning, and organizing.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated process, systematic and detail orientation
- Ability to maintain integrity of actions, processes and confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to work independently and part of a team and within a diverse group
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge in a Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience working in a matrix business environment
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization
- Legal experience or background
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) for the organization through critical evaluation and identification, mitigation and program development to address emerging, strategic and operational risks.
- Regularly identify and assess major emerging and strategic risk using models recognized by ERM best practices.
- In collaboration with field leadership and those designated as safety leaders, ensure safety, security and risk practices and policies are in alignment with generally accepted ERM practices for operation risk mitigation.
- Develop and monitor process for auditing and verifying controls that exist to mitigate identified risks.
- Work with senior leadership to continue and improve upon established enterprise risk management process and evaluation.
- Evaluate and establish crisis management policies and practices in collaboration with other leaders to address emergencies involving accidents, recovery from property loss, data breach/loss and property loss.
- Evaluate and manages insurance brokers and companies that provide insurance and safety services. Responsible for evaluating and recommending insurance-related coverage and limits.
- Mitigate risk through contract review and establishing standard contractual language.
- Manage direct report team members.
- Act as liaison to outside legal resources as necessary.
- Manage Insurance sub-committee meetings and Board.