As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop the program management process for Blue engine programs. Our engines are being developed to support affordable, low cost access to space. You will act as deputy to the SVP of Blue Engines, be a key leader in the customer and government contractor interaction for the division. Support engines teams in Kent, Huntsville, OLS and WTLS. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Support on-time delivery of operational engine systems to our internal and external customers
- Support development of program constraints
- Develop the process for program planning & execution including scope, scheduling and resource allocation. As well as the development and support the maintenance of resource loaded schedule
- Own the engine Management Operating System supporting all sites
- Lead develop of proposals and be POC for GS/SMCX
- Support congressional, government, and customer visits
- Develop and maintain tools for budget & schedule management and tracking
- Facilitate support from ISC, TFO, ECOE, S&MA, Finance and other support organization
- Adhere to Blue processes or tailored approach
- Manage all current and future contracts
- Oversee the development and implementation of a data driven systems for scheduling, planning, reporting through dashboards and metrics
- Manage the program planning and controls team
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering
- Experience leading, managing and growing a geography diverse team on fast-paced projects
- Demonstrated experience leading organizations through large-scale change management initiatives that influence culture, define tools & processes and improve competencies
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, customers and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction
- An attitude of world-class mission assurance, quality, attention to detail, and dedication.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in space qualified liquid rocket engines, fluid/mechanical systems, avionics, manufacturing, systems engineering, integration and/or test.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 10+ years’ experience in rocket engine development.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience with logic linked scheduling and Cost Account Management such as EVM
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), Host, DOORS, CREO, Windchill