Guided by a mission to help, ABILITY, an Inovalon company, is a leading information technology company helping healthcare providers and payers simplify administrative and clinical complexity by enabling data-driven improvements in healthcare.
Through specialized, easy-to-use applications and data analytics that work together, customers of all types and sizes across the continuum of care – rely on ABILITY to help optimize reimbursement, care quality and staffing.
Our employee philosophy is simple: We hire smart, talented people and trust them to do their thing. As part of ABILITY, you’ll grow with a company that wants you to succeed. To support you, we provide the teams, the latitude, the support and the culture so you can try new things, broaden your experience, and grow and succeed with us. Join our team and help make ABILITY a great place to do great work.
The Director of Engineering will work closely with teams across the organization representing the Software Engineering function for a number of global engineering teams and products. Complete accountability for every aspect of software development cycle. Responsible for new product development and sustaining engineering. At various times, the Director of Engineering will engage in outbound customer and vendor relationship or sales activities.
- Provide excellence in management and leadership for a multiple team to help achieve company objectives;
- Responsible for the overall quality and delivery of multiple projects including:
- Manage team(s) of global resources to deliver major, minor and cumulative patch releases.
- Management all aspects of the development life cycle; project management, design, design review, code, code review, unit test, QA planning, test case design, development & execution.
- Responsible for overseeing the architecture, data, security, integrations, performance reliability, compliance and quality, software documentation and training
- Develop and maintain professional level of knowledge regarding products, services, capabilities, infrastructure, and operations.
- Foster a growth mindset in all employees:
- Support employees in setting and attaining professional and development goals;
- Coach and mentor employees on career and personal development, team collaboration and Agile practices;
- Support continuous learning;
- Oversee indirect team of global resources with one (or more) of our global development partners including interview and selection, managing project/program work and accounting.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company; Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function;
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function; and
- We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Software Engineer and 3 years as a manager
- 2 programing languages, deep technical expertise in multiple vertical technical areas, domain expertise at the product level, expertise in one or more operating system, architecture expertise across multiple products
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and ability to achieve team’s goals
- Repeated experience delivering enterprise class software in a global development model
- Experience with Agile development methodology (prefer SCRUM) and project planning, estimation & tracking
- Strong development background with Java technologies and Spring
- Solid understanding n-tier/service-based architecture
- Extensive experience with SQL, DB deployment and optimization (preferably SQL Server)
- Solid understanding of Linux environment
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Laser focused on details throughout every aspect of job
- Leads first from process perspective, technical experience and personal influence
- Health care IT (specifically EDI payment & eligibility transactions & workflow)
- SAAS development, deployment & monitoring;
- Virtual infrastructure (VMWare);
- Information Security Principles and Practices;
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to move around the work area; sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones; extend arms; kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Mental Demands: The employee must be able to follow directions, to get along with others, and handle stress.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.