The Sr. Director of EHS develops and provides oversight to the company's Environment Health and Safety and Radiation Protection programs while directing and managing staff that are responsible for ensuring that company safety and compliance programs (including those specified for contractor work and workers) meet all regulatory requirements.
Ensures compliance with EHS and Radiation Protection policies and regulations (LMI, US EPA/MA DEP, OSHA, MA DPH, US NRC/MA RCP) for the Billerica, Ma and Hato Rey, Puerto Rico sites, to minimize employee risk of occupational illness/injury, and minimize the risk of environmental impact of our business activities.
- Develops, communicates, and implements a strategic vision and direction of EHS/RPO and Occupational Health Services which supports business growth, regulatory compliance, and competitive advantage in the radiopharmaceutical industry. Translates complex EHS/RPO regulatory requirements to business leaders and helps them leverage that information to make effective, strategic business decisions.
- Generates a compelling direction which provides for innovative approaches to complex regulatory, technical, and business strategies and works with business partners to ensure that EHS/RPO guidelines stay current with evolving production and business processes throughout the business. Stays abreast of company, industry, and regulatory activities to ensure that the business maintains an exemplary record with respect to EHS compliance and employs leading management practices.
- Has primary responsibility and accountability for the Billerica based Radiation Protection program supporting the needs of the Billerica based business and facilities in addition to the Hato Rey, Puerto Rico Radiopharmacy business and facilities.
- Provides oversight to the Radioisotope Safety Committee supporting multi-site operation
- Acts as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) supporting the requirements of the broad scope licensed activities conducted at the Billerica site
- Has responsibility for the Billerica based Occupational Health program with support staff including the occupational health nurse
- Provides leadership and oversite to ensure performance and compliance of the contractor safety program supporting site and business contractors
- Effectively builds organizational capacity necessary to achieve functional objectives and organizational goals, including recruiting and developing strong talent of technical and leadership caliber to ensure required skill sets.
- Fosters diversity and active engagement to sustain morale and teamwork. Implements proper training, development and formal performance management.
- Creates proactive plans, programs, and processes for audits and gap analysis and presents results to business partners to assist in improving compliance
- Thinks in a clear, decisive manner; remains calm under adverse conditions; and consistently delivers results. Demonstrates a willingness to take risks, but not impulsive, having the presence to manage through a crisis
- Takes responsibility for complex or sensitive situations, and works with colleagues to ensure that corrective and preventive actions are appropriate and timely-implemented.
- Sets appropriate EHS/RPO standards for the business that balance business risk, customer expectations, and regulatory requirements. Develops programs and systems and identifies key performance indicators that measure the success of innovative approaches to complex regulatory, technical, and business strategies.
- Develops and executes budgets, fosters internal and external relationships, and communicates EHS strategy to align resources, management, and stakeholders.
- Develops EHS/RPO policies and generates solutions that reduce compliance, environmental, and employee/contractor safety risks within the business.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
- Develops and actively reports KPIs and regulatory required program related metrics to ensure appropriate action planning and compliance with regulatory and internal requirements
- Bachelordegree in Scientific, Engineering, or Business Management and 10+ years of progressively more responsibleexperience in Environmental Health & Safety and/or Radiation Protection. Preferred experience in a regulated manufacturing or laboratory environment with experience leading and developing direct reports and staff.
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of above stated requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers, and senior executives within the organization.
- Successful leadership and hands-on direction of EHS/RPO issues as they apply to major operating facilities, business functions, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in a culturally diverse workplace and managing US and international activities.
- Has successfully developed effective EHS/RPO programs and managed effective EHS/RPO teams to support business projects.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS/RPO standards, regulatory requirements and management systems.
- Proven experienceworking with and developing operating budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others to take action, especially over those of whom there is no formal authority.
- Must be detailed oriented, with the ability to multitask; demonstrate strong team member skills; and be able to collaborate with all levels within the business.
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish preferred but not required
- Certified Health Physicist or equivalent experiencepreferred
- Travel anticipated to be <10% but required to support remote site operations