The Senior Director, Network Security Product Marketing leads global product marketing strategy for our growing portfolio of firewall products. They lead the efforts to create and articulate the messaging, positioning and uniqueness of Forcepoint's solutions; drive go-to-market campaigns; develop and deliver sales training; produce sales tools, collateral and competitive profiles; and promote our products to achieve business success and profitable growth.
(Role can be filled in Austin, TX, San Diego, CA, Herndon, VA or even remotely if willing to travel)
- Direct the messaging, positioning and uniqueness of Forcepoint’s network security firewall solutions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Network Security markets, customers, competition, messaging and positioning for sales, sales engineering, partnership development, product management and global training teams
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution in support of awareness, market-share and revenue growth objectives
- Develop and implement high-impact and differentiated stories that convey the positioning and messaging of the company’s security solutions in vertical and horizontal market segments
- Provide ongoing market insights to product management for consideration in roadmap planning.
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as web content, blog entries, eBooks, videos, white papers, presentations, case studies, business cases, TCO/ROI analysis, competitive profiles and sales playbooks
- Evangelize the company’s vision, architecture, and overall product strategy
- Work across a virtual team of communications professionals, field marketers and trainers to build and execute integrated marketing plans
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience related to information technology
- MBA or equivalent experience growing businesses
- 10+ years’ experience in product marketing or heavily-outbound product management for sophisticated technologies
- Strong domain expertise in security, with experience in NGFW firewall security preferred.
- Ability to create compelling story arcs that convey the value of complex technologies in concise business terms
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into actionable insights and campaigns
- Proactive communicator with strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and decision-making ability
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Passion for writing, creating presentations and developing other materials
- Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership, sales and product management to enable their respective successes
- Proven project management skills and the ability deliver sales tools and required content
- Demonstrated ability to influence across organizational boundaries and execute through teams