Sr. Director Donor Development
The Sr. Director Donor Development (SDDD) will develop and lead the chapter’s strategic plan for the identification, outreach, cultivation, solicitation and stewarding of chapter’s major donors. This includes major outright gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving and donor stewardship activity in support of LLS’ mission. The SDDD is responsible for the overall revenue growth of the donor development activities for the chapter.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: May supervise staff as assigned.
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated strategic plan for advancing the chapter’s donor development program. Included will be revenue growth and stewardship strategies focused on major gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving and donor stewardship activity. Will direct the donor development department to ensure high potential donors are identified and cultivated across all campaigns and activities of the chapter.
- Oversee the donor development department’s direction and provides leadership to the department in training, marketing, volunteer development and prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Develops a fiscal year strategy which will ensure revenue growth within the chapter’s donor development activities.
- Lead, manage and train Donor Development staff and chapter staff, as necessary.
- Provide and implement major gift strategic plan for DD Department team that will result in fundraising opportunities with prospective donors.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key prospects within the chapter’s chartered area. Lead chapter in the development of a pipeline of prospective donors at individual and major gift levels.
- Maintain excellent relationships with chapter board members and utilizes them effectively for relationship development.
- Lead the chapter’s interaction and collaboration with National Office donor development team to secure major gifts and work on lead projects (i.e. Beat AML). Also, work closely with National Office team to set chapter DD goals / initiatives and provide metrics of chapter’s DD activities.
- Ensure that donors and prospects are informed of research advances, etc. through communication and donor research events.
- Direct DD department to organize estate planning seminars and other related programs and donor cultivation events. Ensure relationships with financial management professionals are cultivated and stewarded.
- Identify, develop and write grant proposals for foundations, corporations and public agencies within the chapter’s chartered area.
- Create and work with a chapter Donor Development Committee to enhance the donor development programs, identify prospects and solicit individuals and institutions.
- Oversee the DD Director’s management of donor development volunteers, committees and ensures a structure is developed that is effective and efficient.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission, research and programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or marketing preferred.
- 10+ years major gifts and donor development experience.
- Possess formal training in major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities a plus.
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Experience in all aspects of donor development, including planned giving, major gifts, institutional giving and foundation giving, with a proven track record of donor identification/solicitation success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Experience managing complex programs and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and SalesForce.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Some weekends and evenings required
Job ID 2017-2963