With a successful on-market treatment and an industry-leading pipeline, Sarepta is seeking an individual who will provide super leadership, strategic direction, and program management of Sarepta’s Global Asset Teams with emphasis on its gene therapy platform. The successful candidate should possess a demonstrate understanding and experience in drug development and the regulatory requirements to plan, execute and deliver both NDAs and INDs to global regulatory authorities in a novel therapeutic area such as gene therapy, while also having commercial knowledge to support our on-market therapy.
This role is highly cross-functional, and will involve collaboration with external partners, along with involvement from company senior leadership. The Senior Director of Program Management is charged with having a command over the strategy and supporting critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives and proactively managing daily program/project management activities, including schedule development, budget, communication, status reporting, and resource plan development. The ideal candidate has strong communication and influence skills, ensuring that all team members understand priorities, objectives, deliverables, interdependencies and timelines.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Build and advance the development of strategic, integrated Global Asset Plans with focus on its core programs: the company’s gene therapy platform and its on-market therapy for treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Lead development of programs including critical path, decision criteria and milestones/decision gates
- Prioritize asset-level deliverables and align across functions
- Develop and ensure accuracy of Global Asset timelines, align with each line function’s plan
- Lead development of goals for teams to ensure alignment with corporate goals
- Drive process and accountabilities for creation of key, cross-functional deliverables
- Modify strategic recommendations based on current status of programs and risk factors
- Proactively identify operational and program issues, drive cross functional resolution, and Partner with functions and finance to maintain accurate Global Asset forecasts and ensure robust budget process
- Lead team in the implementation of cross-functional program risk management plans including risk and opportunity identification, mitigation strategies and contingency planning.
- Provide risk assessment on timing of data and readouts to supportinvestment decision making
- Lead vetting of alternative development options across team
- Orchestrate the integration of sub-teams to support the efforts of the Asset Teams
- Support continuous improvement efforts with lessons learned, updated governance
Education and Skills Requirements:
- BS in technical discipline, Advanced degreepreferred
- At least 10-15 years’ experience with demonstrated success in leading large-scale programs with proven results and effective leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated program management expertise and experience; project management certification preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading through influence
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information and apply creative thinking and proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build, and implement solutions to cross-functional team issues
- Excellent balanced approach to process versus results-driven leadership and management skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills up, down and across the organization
- Strong business, analytical and planning skills
- Represents attributes reflective of Sarepta’s Values: Patient focused, bias for action, commitment to excellence, empowered people, and integrity.