Position Purpose: The Director Systems Integrator Alliances is an experienced business development professional responsible for identifying, securing and building strategic partnerships with Systems Integrators, particularly leading GSIs, that deliver exponential revenue growth to Software AG. The Director Systems Integrator Alliances has principal responsibility for delivering against the revenue goals for their managed partner relationships. This role is the strategic interface between Software AG North America and GSIs with significant presence in North America. Responsibilities include building relationships and networks within the SI, teaming with key leaders and building out a business plan for the defined territory which will include target revenue objectives, vertical industries and specific solutions, enablement, joint lead generation and leading joint technology and services initiatives. The Director Systems Integrator Alliances works closely with Software AG’s global partner teams and the North American sales organization to deliver their objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively engage the SI’s business executives (Client partner leadership, Practice leadership,Architect and consulting leadership, VP, SVP & C Level) to build a strong network within partners to define and execute opportunities for mutual revenue and business growth.
- Create an environment for Software AG’s success. Develop key Partner relationships, identify sponsors and nurture technical, alliance and sales relationships to ensure that Software AG is considered a critical strategic partner.
- Develop, win and maintain partner revenue by selling and advocating Software AG solutions “to”, “through” and “with” Partners.
- Lead the development of partner business plans that incorporate sell with and sell through strategies along with KPIs, milestones and a relationship governance model. Build a plan with partners to generate demand and project opportunities. Identify opportunities for partnering in awareness and demand generation activities, either directly with the Partners or in partnership with other vendors in collaboration with the Partner.
- Ensure successful execution of the partner business plan around partner solutions and services that consume and/or implement Software AG technologies. Develop and manage relationships across functional areas including architects and development resources, sales, product/service development, marketing and business development, ensuring the integration of Software AG offerings with the partner’s go-to-market initiatives.
- Plan and manage go-to-market initiatives with the assigned partners, as well as market and partner enablement activities together with other Software AG departments as required. Build and execute broad and deep enablement plans and strategies that drive the partner’s adoption and evangelism of Software AG products and solutions. Facilitate executive QBRs, joint executive alignment and other engagement activities.
- Evangelize Software AG products and solutions to the SI partners. Present and pitch to different teams and groups across the Partner organization to drive adoption, momentum and understanding of Software AG’s product capabilities.
- Work with Partner’s technical and commercial organizations, introduce, train and enable local sales and delivery teams. Take responsibility for developing required go-to-market collaterals.
- Identify and advise Software AG direct account teams on new opportunities and facilitate reciprocal engagement with Partner client teams to leverage sales. Introduce and drive new opportunities with Software AG sales. Facilitate and manage engagement between the account teams from multiple organizations within a complex consortia environment.
- Work with Software AG’s legal department to determine and negotiate the business terms & conditions for different types of partnering relationships.
- Provide regular and accurate forecast to VP Partner Sales related to opportunities for the Partner accounts that he/she owns
- Ensure that Partner information (Account and Opportunities) is accurately captured and updated in CRM system.
Skills and Experience
- Proven extensive experience in building and growing successful partnerships with leading global and regional system’s integrators.
- Documented track record of success in closing high value contract negotiations in complex environments.
- Experience in enterprise software sales and/or as a Partner /Channel Manager, building, managing and leveraging key Partner relationships.
- Proven experience in building business cases, revenue models, and partnership launch plans in support of securing new business and ensuring the partner’s business success.
- Proven ability to work and think at both strategic and tactical levels.. Recognize, analyse, and take action on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Experienced in working with software field sales organizations - cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills.
- Excels in matrixed organizations and highly skilled at collaborating Able to lead and manage teams through influence.
- Experience and comfort level working with C- level executives at Fortune 500 companies and building relationships throughout organizations.
- Superior speaking and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- BA/BS degree and familiarity with internet technologies, web portal initiatives and integration platforms is required.
- MBA preferred
- Account Management
- Relationship Building
- Value Creation
- Commercial Awareness
- Negotiation Skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match