As a key member of the Digital Solutions leadership team, reporting to the VP of Digital Solutions, the Director of Digital Marketing leads a global team that is accountable for digital marketing activities of Avantor. The digital marketing accountability encompasses effectively translating business strategy into digital marketing strategy and overseeing execution to drive revenue growth and customer engagement through all digital properties/global commerce sites, as a part of Digital Marking this leader is also accountable for the content strategy & execution. The digital products responsibility includes various initiatives around major external facing digital products used across multiple business units such as our eCommerce solution. This role will lead/partner with executive business leadership to plan new digital marketing joint initiatives aligned to business priorities such as [NPI] new product introduction, as well as manage large groups of stakeholders setting forth capability roadmaps of overseen digital products.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Accountable for setting and achieving digital marketing revenue targets for all campaigns which are incremental to existing revenue.
- Provides strategy for Digital Marketing, including email, SEO, SEM, content, marketing automation, personalization, retargeting, etc.
- Responsible for strategic direction and daily management of all digital marketing campaigns globally, including email, SEO, SEM [paid search], on-site banners for all global commerce sites, recommendations engine, marketing automation, retargeting, and external digital advertising
- Oversees teams executing said digital marketing/content strategy and leverages/partners with business/suppliers to scale
- Oversees a team focused on eCommerce insights to ensure digital marketing strategy and initiatives are rooted in data-striven decisions
- Leads and develops a new Digital Products practice focused on eCommerce and related solutions utilized across multiple business units
- Provide Product leadership, roadmaps & guidance for advancing Digital Products and accelerating Avantor’s digital business
- Drive programs to improve & modernize the personalization of site layout & taxonomy for avantorsciences.com, VWR.com and other external facing digital products/properties
- Regularly researches and employs Mar-Tech [Marketing Technology] toolsets for advancing the company’s marketing automation initiatives and strategy
- Leads global digital personalization and content strategy for aligning contacts to online content that matches their attributes of workflow, application, function, area of focus and other behavioral audience
- Drive reporting, optimization, and analysis on channel, campaign, and customer performance to identify key levers and opportunities for expansion and improvement [eCommerce insights] Develop and implement strategy for utilizing customer behavior data and analysis in support of all commercial segments and business units globally. Collaborates with leaders in Sales, Product Management, and Brand to create and execute digital marketing campaigns in support of cross functional strategic focus areas
- Champions strategic capital expenditure projects to run, grow, and transform Digital Marketing and Avantor’s Go to Market Strategy
- Administration of available tools and system integrations with CRM platforms (currently Salesforce.com + SAP C4C) to deliver Sales Enablement and Customer Service visibility to marketing initiatives and contact data intelligence
- Responsible for data governance of all elements of customer master data in our SAP systems. Identifies, holds accountable, and develops processes for the corporate owners of each data element.
- Directs a team responsible for the maintenance, verification and integrity of customer master data. Involves managing a team in India and maintaining consistent processes for working in different countries. Involves customer verifications for buying restricted items (in partnership with corporate compliance and regulation), accurately maintaining warehouse information and addresses. Includes working with outside vendors for additional customer information.
- Cooperates with EU counterparts to work toward globalization of customer master data. Drives change in this area to ensure harmonization.
- Drives the strategy behind maintenance and review of contact master data including working with IT and other stakeholders for dynamic calculations and building a full 360-degree view of the customer.
- Lead multiple teams of analysts, content creators/editors, and product managers
- Collaborate with business units to identify and develop true business value opportunities, understand their priorities and influence the decision on priorities, road map and timing of initiatives/deliverables
- Partner with the business unit through budget oversight, strategy and investment planning activities
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate (including senior executive) levels of the organization regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives; including regular updates to the senior leadership team (SLT)
- Accountable for execution of programs and projects that require a high level of cross functional teamwork and are typically performed under time constraints. Responsible for project definition, resourcing, issue escalation, budget, risk management and delivery
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or science discipline, Master’s degree a plus
- 8 years or more experience with E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Content & SEO Strategy.
- 10 years or more IT leadership experience required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Develops and presents regular competitive analysis and audits of Digital Content and Commerce features and convert analysis into groundbreaking insights and new ideas.
- Expert level super-user understanding of Google Analytics, Master Data, Content and Commerce and related MarTech toolsets
- Strong ability to understand business impacts of SEO and Taxonomy choices
- Strong ability to build business cases with ability to clearly communicate financial benefits such as ROI, IRR & NPV to executive leadership team (ELT)
- Thorough understanding of the public life sciences digital offering landscape and our possible integration partners
- Previous Experience in B2B eCommerce required, Life Science/Health Care industry experience preferred