The Sr Director of Digital Marketing Growth will lead digital activation from concept to execution in alignment with overall brand and ecommerce growth plans. Responsible for strategy behind campaigns spanning search marketing (Google/Bing, Amazon, Retail), CRM, affiliate marketing, SEO and paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube & more). Seeks brand priorities and initiatives to translate into targeting and content online. Versed in sales, customer behavior and site data to incorporate priority into ecommerce growth plans.
The Sr Director of Digital Marketing Growth reports to the VP of E-Commerce.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead and oversee the marketing campaign planning process and strategy development in accordance with overall brand and ecommerce growth plans. Involves:
- Paid Search
- Paid Social
- Display, Retargeting
- Amazon Marketing (AMS, AMG)
- Walmart Media (WMG)
- Target Media (Roundel)
- eRetail Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Manage and build a team of digital marketing professionals to execute and optimize campaigns and achieve clear objectives
- Develop creative and content translating core brand messages to commercial and engaging online and various customer channel formats
- Drive sales funnel goals and meet new consumer acquisition, performance, ROAS and engagement
- Regularly A/B test, iterate, evaluate, report, and measure results of ongoing campaigns to continuously improve conversion rates across multiple channels
- Manage the full Customer Relationship Management (CRM) process from the planning, costing, model building and execution of ongoing campaigns
- Create sophisticated customer segmentation, tailored offers and identify opportunities for automation
- Plan & manage digital marketing budget, forecast and track spending in accordance with P&L goals
- Lead Ecommerce external & internal partnerships & strategies; including agency briefing process, measurement and media planning
- Establish close working relationships with Revlon Omni Sales and primary media partners (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Google, Facebook) to drive growth
- Build dashboards for measuring and sharing results on business - critical KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Deliver monthly business insights, reporting with action roadmap to senior management & cross functional partners
- Develop and drive lifecycle retention program, including transactional messaging, trigger programs and large-scale campaigns.
- Devise a SEO strategy and work with Sr. Manager SEO and cross-functional teams to execute programs that drive high-quality organic traffic.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (product, creative) to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, and reporting needed to manage programs at launch and beyond.
- Collaborate with functional partners to forecast and plan company revenue growth.
- Partner with Digital Technology to implement best-in-class 360 data logic & system flows
- Be a source of knowledge and expert on competitive digital marketing strategies, services, technologies and tools
The successful candidate will be a proven business leader with significant experience in a global company. The person must have an established track record as a leader of Digital Marketing or similar role. The candidate must have both strong strategic capabilities as well as be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution. The candidate must lead decisively, have a "no-compromise" approach to delivery, confront adversity constructively and possess a leadership style that engenders followership.
Previous leadership experience and technical qualifications:
- BS/BA or University degree in Business or similar field, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of digital marketing and/or Ecommerce work experience with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing.
- Experience working across the full Direct to Consumer marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels).
- Experience handling large media budget to drive demand creation process and campaigns
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- Proven success in leading a team to develop a comprehensive digital marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch points, including at point-of-purchase
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, and a highly organized "doer," with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action.
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Proven ability to leverage multiple data sources to develop hypotheses and execute rapid test and learn strategies.
- Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs and multiple attribution models.
- Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall Company and category strategies
- Ability to operate independently and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative/brand marketing and product management teams.
- Experience working with Digital Marketing agencies and vendors
- Deep expertise of ad/web/email reporting and data analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Search Console, Merchant Portals, Facebook, Azure/Power BI, Tableau or similar)
- Experience with Amazon Marketing Services
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with HTML, CSS, CMS, CRM and email programs, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Knowledge and experience with SEO best practices
- Expert-level Excel capabilities (data manipulation, formulas, modeling).
- A self-starter who has experience driving brand and financial goals
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience with growth-stage companies and/or change management highly preferred.