$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Division of Development & Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division-Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership-which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Senior Director, Digital Fundraising and Engagement, will lead an exciting and ambitious effort to dramatically grow financial support from constituents including alumni, parents, donors, and friends of the University through a variety of digital based strategies. This individual will deploy a suite of virtual engagements for constituents that will connect them with the University and ultimately solicit them for financial support based on their identified affinity/area of preference.
This individual will lead a team responsible for devising the right appeal, at the right time, in the right way to meet constituents where they are. The Senior Director will leverage the best channel per the audience type, including, but not limited to: podcasts, vlogs, blogs, online, webinars, social media, crowdfunding, social media ambassador programs, multimedia content, and simulcast. The focus will be in creating highly personalized and targeted appeals to maximize engagement and financial impact while developing a library of digital engagements for a broader audience. The team will also provide analytic support to inform engagement officers for future strategies, develop automated metrics for teams to track success toward strategic goals, and develop reporting/scoring tools for team performance.
The Senior Director will work towards increasing awareness of the university; promoting engagement; targeting segments of constituents for specific actions; soliciting donations through varied platforms; thanking donors; identifying potential donors/volunteer leaders; increasing brand advocacy; developing or enhancing donor profiles using data from social media profiles; increasing participation in Giving Days; and serving as a news provider to constituents through digital means.
• Develop digital marketing strategies designed to grow and diversity our online donor-base and engage and retain existing donors.
• Develop highly creative and effective content and distribution strategies across the web, social, video, and other multimedia channels that entice key audiences with compelling imagery, messaging and storytelling.
• Manage core digital fundraising and engagement programs, including email and list growth.
• Supervise a growing team of digital fundraising and marketing specialists.
• Manage significant acquisition budgets that return strong ROIs.
• Meet or exceed an annual digital fundraising goal.
• Develop and monitor digital volunteer platforms for leadership groups.
• Provide reports to engagement officers on constituent behaviors.
• Deploy surveys to gauge satisfaction post events.
• Develop a digital volunteer assessment quiz for front line engagement officers to deploy to better match volunteers with targeted types of opportunities based on personality, likes, and dislikes.
• Develop an engagement prospect management platform to track constituents on a tabulated score basis.
• Assist in University data cleaning efforts by deploying digital means to update contact information for constituents. Maintain integrity of data.
• Define clear measures-for-success and coordinate ongoing reporting against goals.
• Collaborate with Communications and Marketing staff on integrated campaigns; ensure strategies, messaging and goals are aligned.
• Oversee vendor relationships with digital fundraising agencies and/or consultants.
• Develop a robust testing and optimization program; collaborate with Development Resources team to define effective options for constituent segmentation and targeting.
• Be a thought leader and champion for digital fundraising and engagement best practices for University.
• Utilize HTML coding skills to build emails with dynamic content for multiple constituent groups.
• Responsible for executing testing, implementing analytics, creating performance criteria, and tracking of all digital communication/solicitation channels to determine best practices and strategies.
• Create a comprehensive digital solicitation calendar and oversee implementation of such calendar.
• Work with the development and engagement teams to identify high-value opportunities for future digital engagements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and a minimum of seven years of effective experience in digital fundraising and marketing for higher education and/or non-profits, either in-hour or at an agency servicing non-profits. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered. Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams. Must have excellent command of the English language, both oral and written. Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe suite required. Intermediate knowledge of HTML and applicable design skills. Experience with website and social analytic tools, software analytics packages, email marketing, and project management. Must be comfortable with digital production applications and workflows and have an understanding of multimedia distribution practices.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Valid Through: 2019-10-2