The Challenge Ahead:
At EA, we believe in delivering meaningful gaming experiences to our players, anytime, anywhere. We are building an entertainment network that enables a continuous play experience, making it easy for players to discover and enjoy games and content they love, while connecting with friends and communities through meaningful, shared experiences. This will be delivered through a seamless network journey across devices and unlocked through a persistent player ID. This digital transformation gives EA the opportunity to strengthen our technological foundation, foster deeper player to player relationships, and build lasting personalized player relationships with our brands. EA is looking for a Senior Director to guide the vision, strategy and delivery of features and services to support the integration of both internal game teams as well as third party game studios into EA’s Player Network.
What a Sr. Director, Platform Product Management does at EA:
- Partner deeply with product and technical leads inside and outside EA, as well as EA’s Digital Platform Team (EADP) to identify, ideate, prioritize and launch critical and innovative services to enable EA Player Networkexperiences for game developers.
- Liaise with game developers, game producers, marketers, commercial managers and business development leadership to drive alignment on the product roadmap.
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive landscape and market opportunity associated with a game services platform to drive game developer satisfaction.
- Act as subject matter expert on game publishing and service integration.
- Develop an intake and prioritization system for new services development and act as conduit from the game development community back to the EADP and Player Network teams.
- Drive account management and developer relations, establishing best in class partnership methodologies.
- Evaluate products and services delivered against defined core success metrics
- Communicate product roadmap and distribution success to senior leadership.
Success is measured by overall adoption of the developer platform and the scaling of first and third party game service solutions to drive distribution.
The next great EA Sr. Director, Developer Business needs:
- Minimum 7+ years leading product management for complex, large scale digital solutions with a focus on video game platform and game development
- Has directly managed individual products, through full lifecycle
- Experience in leading or partnering with senior Product Managers, in direct, indirect, and/or matrixed reporting relationships
- Incredible people skills and deep comfort in managing through influence and indirect authority
- Deeply structured approach to product planning, construction and articulation, with emphasis on clarity and integration
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of management
- Good understanding of HD and mobile gaming industry, development, platforms, and ecosystems
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and partner/influence across complex organizations
- Provide direct and indirect reports with mentoring, coaching, feedback, and performance reviews
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience